Votes: 67 55.4%
  • best avoided on TV

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • showcases the best of British humour

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • over playing her ability to fall over/down

Votes: 29 24.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone in the BBC decided that the viewers would like Miranda Hart and Marcus Brigstocke and they should be forced down the license payers throats until they jolly well do.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Yes, she does overdo the falling over a bit, but I do think she's funny. As is Mrs Brown's Boys. I like to think I have a wide-ranging sense of humour - from the darkest black of The League of Gentlemen, to the Scots-specific 'Burnistoun', to classic radio comedy like The Goons and Hancock's Half Hour, to the sheer silliness of Miranda. But comedy is very subjective - for instance, I detest the awful 'Limmy's Show', which is devoid of any humour at all, yet others think it's hilarious. I've yet to work out where you're supposed to be laughing when I've seen it.....

Drago

Legendary Member
Crap like Miranda makes me yearn for Terry and June, its that bad.

Davidc

Guru
...... The Goons and Hancock's Half Hour, to the sheer silliness of Miranda. ......

Now you're talking. Add in Round the Horne, ISIRTA, ISIHAC (Still good but Humph is sorely missed) and the current News Quiz and Now Show. Radio's as good as it gets.

TV has its greats, Steptoe, Fawlty Towers, Allo Allo and Porridge, but the only show that I rate as highly as radio comedy is Morecombe and Wise.

Maz

Guru
I've been watching Alan Partridge's Mid-Morning Matters recently. Some of that has me in stitches!

Top Bottom