Votes: 67 55.4%
  • best avoided on TV

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • showcases the best of British humour

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • over playing her ability to fall over/down

Votes: 29 24.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Tumbleweed.gif

Get In The Van

Not sure if its a gender thing, i just asked mrs van and my sister who's round their thoughts on Miranda, both gave a resounding 'shes utter rank and not funny at all' the dogs didn't answer but showed no interest when i said her name! so i'll take that as a another vote to the 'she's not funny camp'
^_^

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Do I detect the beginnings of a gender divide here?
I had wondered myself. I wonder if for females that some of her mishaps are things that we worry could happen, or have actually happened to them! I have experienced one of the minor ones myself (the old skirt tucked into underwear :blush:), and a friend suffered one of her other scenarios! (and found it hilariously funny - though not at the time it happened).

Arch

Married to Night Train
I like her as a performer, but I think her series has perhaps gone on too long. It's become too reliant on catchphrase and anticipation of disaster.

I'm a bit torn about any slapstick - I admire the physical ability, but the joke wears thin, and characters who rely on slapstick (like Frank Spencer) are often stupid (And I mean characters, not the performers).

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
This thread is biased.....:becool:

Doseone

Guru
I don't get her at all, but my kids love her to bits and daughter wanted and got the box set from Santa for Christmas. So I end up watching with the kids and laughing, but I have no idea why I'm laughing cos she isn't funny. I think I'm laughing at the kids laughing, I don't really know.

I think her show is like the Earth in Hitch Hikers Guide....mostly harmless.

Top Bottom