Mirrors ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
I rode no handed this week extensively, after I thought I hadn't done it for years, I wanted to see if I could. It's easy. The only differences now and then is strength and belief. Once I got it right it was easy.

'Just like riding a bike'

As for looking around, I think 'core strength is key. Do some ab/back excercise and keep practising!

I rode no handed all the way home from the shops once. Aided considerably by having 48 cans of Stella distributed around four panniers.:biggrin:

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
I rode no handed all the way home from the shops once. Aided considerably by having 48 cans of Stella distributed around four panniers.:biggrin:

You could have also hung a couple of carrier bags from the handlebars as well, bringing that up to 60 tins, and further improving balance...

Keith Oates

Janner
I find that keeping up with some twisting excercises keeps me in good condition for looking behind. However the vearing off line is not an age problem necessarily, I notice many young people, both driving a car or riding a bike, that vear accross the road when just looking to the side, never mind behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I always found that the trick to looking behind is to stop pedalling, sit very upright on the saddle while keeping one hand loosely on the handlebars and obviously look back on the same side as the disengaged arm. Better still, get a recumbent and then all you have to do is move your eyeballs to look at the mirror. This rarely results in swerving.

Magna said:
Any recommendations on a good mirror then?
I have (more than) a touch of 'Arthur' in my neck and shoulders so I stuck one of these on
2007_0826Mirror0006.jpg

Flips out of the way for parking etc, and a quick glance now and then keeps me updated on what's going on behind (I still try to do the 'glance over the shoulder' bit if I'm going to turn right) ;)

Mac66

Haven't they got those hemet mounted mirors now so that you can look all borg. Err not that I know what a borg is of course. Sci-fi and me? No. I know nothing about it, honest guv.

Top Bottom