Miserable Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome to CC @yar1950!
I cycle mainly for transport, waving at random fellow commuters would be well weird,
I don't see anybody else waving, unless I know them, of course.
Once I was on a leisure ride, along a quiet country road; out of nowhere a guy passed me with a cheerful hello, almost giving me heart attack!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't say hello much any more. I'm often far too busy singing :smile: grumpy swines rarely harmonise. What's wrong with people now?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I wave, I don't wave
I nod, I don't nod
I say hello, I don't say hello

I say hello and I don't get a reply, so what.
I get a hello and I don't reply, so what.
Life goes on. It really doesn't matter and it's all so very needy.
Are you Thom Yorke?

Mrs Dr Bollo very occasionally sees Thom Yorke riding along St Giles in Oxford. Thom does not wave

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I wave, I don't wave
I nod, I don't nod
I say hello, I don't say hello

I say hello and I don't get a reply, so what.
I get a hello and I don't reply, so what.
Life goes on. It really doesn't matter and it's all so very needy.

View: https://youtu.be/rblYSKz_VnI

U

User482

If I were to wave at every cyclist on my commute, I would need to be much better at riding no-handed.

Jody

Stubborn git
I'm still old skool, and let onto folk, even MTB/Road when I'm out in the 'opposite camp's kit'. I let on to walkers, dog walkers etc when MTB'ing. Some growl, some ignore, but you project a friendly attitude - share the roads/paths. Keep at it, and ignore the miserable and nasty lot. There are quite a few of these on line too. :tongue:

This pretty much sums it up for me. When out on the MTB most people also on MTB or shared use paths give a greeting as they pass, roadies are 50/50 even when I have slick wheels and lycra on, but will give a cheery greeting to most people. I try to make an effort for those on foot as we already get marginalised and seen as hooligans or people who don't give a shoot. Doesn't matter if people don't respond. That's life

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Round my neck of the woods, I'll probably see 3 or 4 other cyclists on a typical 10 mile loop. Most will exchange pleasantries as we pass.
I even got a round of applause and encouragement from a group of ramblers last weekend, as I was standing on the pedals struggling up a tough local climb :bravo::laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I even got a round of applause and encouragement from a group of ramblers last weekend, as I was standing on the pedals struggling up a tough local climb :bravo::laugh:
I love it when that happens! One of the oddest was a group of teenagers on one of the scruffier-looking streets of Wisbech breaking into applause and shouts as the mighty mighty KLWNBUG pootleton left after the Rose Fair one year :smile: Maybe we should change this thread from "miserable cyclists" to a catalogue of impromptu crowd cheers that have made us smile? :smile:

Top Bottom