Miserable Git

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Another miserable old git here, I went out on my bike this afternoon, this evening I watched a history program, a gardening program and a program about Snowdonia. All this Olympic coverage is just an excellent excuse to get some cycling in or have a potter round the garden.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I don't think 'miserable git' is quite on the money. The word you're after is curmudgeon, and I too would like to sign up.

soulful dog

Veteran
OMG it's a once in a lifetime thing and you lot are all moaning about it.
What!? There was me thinking the Olympics was held every four years.....

All this OTT nonsense just because London is hosting it. It's one thing for people to enjoy being able to go and see some of these athletes in the flesh, the absolute bollox that goes with it is shamefully wasteful.

TVC

What!? There was me thinking the Olympics was held every four years.....

All this OTT nonsense just because London is hosting it. It's one thing for people to enjoy being able to go and see some of these athletes in the flesh, the absolute bollox that goes with it is shamefully wasteful.

I enjoy the absolute bollox. If you want to mope around in sack cloth and thrash yourself with birch twigs then carry on. ^_^

soulful dog

Veteran
It's still wasteful immaterial of whether someone might enjoy moaning about it :whistle:

I'm just happy to ignore the hype and just enjoy the action now it's actually started! Couple of great performances in the rowing already, inbetween the cycling of course!

yello

Whilst not being a MOG (in this context anyway!), I defend the right of others to be so!

If I wasn't interested in cycling, I doubt I'd be watching any of the Olympics either. And I can certainly understand people that have no interest (and they don't have to) getting p*ssed off by the airwaves being jammed with references to it. Nobody likes to be reminded they're a MOG! ;)

Herbie

Veteran
MG!
I'll be watching, we do what we're good at - sit down sports
Hoy, Cavendish, Wiggins, Pendleton
I'll be keeping an eye on these. I did try to watch the football yesterday, I would say they played like a bunch of girls
But the bunch of girls won their match!
Thats because theres no Jocks in the team :sad:

Sandra6

Veteran
I was mostly not interested in the olympics, but more and more they are invading my life.
Everything is olympic themed at the moment and I am struggling to avoid the whole thing.
A woman in asda even gave me some flags today. I really didn't want them.
And the most irritating thing is that we almost completely missed a yearly open air cinema because every other year it's been billed as "flicks in bitts" but this year its a "olympicnic" so I skipped past the leaflet completely.

Top Bottom