Misinformation on drinking alcohol and cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mine was more of a gentle sideways " Timber" on to a grass verge following one too many pints of Corbel. ( I also hit my head against some Feather Edge fencing on the way down, my helmet had grooves that matched the pitch of the boards...)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
"Thursty Thursday" is a bit of a summer tradition for me, pick a pub in the countryside and have a couple of beers before cycling back at speed before I need the toilet.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Amateurs... This is why bearded patrons of the "Campaign for real ale" organisation ride Trikes.

Trike keeps you up, beard keeps you straight...

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
One of my brothers was stopped by the police and told to push his bike home back in the 80's. He had cycled the wrong way round a roundabout with his mates whilst inebriated at 3am one new years morning. When they referred to the policeman who was parked in a marked car next to the roundabout as occifer I think he had had enough. He said he would have turned a blind eye to it until they completed the third lap.:laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
couple of observations:

There is a Radio Clyde 1 and Radio Clyde 2???​
Clearly drunk in charge of a Donkey cant be a offence. Just being drunk isn't, the calming presence of a donkey makes it even less of risk to the public. perhaps drunk in charge of a dog should be considered for an offence though, for certain more excitable breeds​

lazybloke

Considering a new username
last time I had a few pints and rode home, I scared myself ****less on a corner.
Done that and more. On one occasion my mates were so concerned about my advanced state of inebriation they stuffed me and bike into a taxi!

Top Bottom