Misleading info on Sirrus Elite 07 model?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peejay78

thanks. for some bizarre reason, the fuji gets the most compliments, always. like just now, i went to tesco's and some guy was like "awesome bike". the bob jackson gets furtive glances, but the fuji always steals the thunder. i think it's because i rebuilt it as frankenstein's flat bar monster.

OP
OP

Nice bikes peejay... another vote for the Fuji... maybe I'll be able to move up the biking ladder one day... when I grow up! Besides, I thought by going for the Elite model would also push me up the elitist pecking order. Ah well, you live and learn.

Am I the only person on this forum to own an 07 Sirrus Elite or was I just being pedantic about the seat post? :evil:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I love specialized kit (I have their BG mitts, and am well impressed) but the bikes don't really leap out at me - Giant is the brand I'd be looking at if (hopefully when) I finally buy a new bike.

You not got a picture of your Langster London SE there Peejay?

Ah well, the Carbon seatpost thats Aluminium extends to the Allez model as well.

The zertz version are all carbon but there could be different versions of those as well.

I think Specialized is the most blatant on this one but understand many brands of so called carbon frames have a lot of alloy internal parts.

OP
OP

John the monkey - funny you should mention Giant... my choice was a toss up between an FCR2 and the Sirrus Elite. Very little between them imo... in the end, it came down to the best price I could get... Sirrus was £70 cheaper... plus I got another £70 in gift vouchers for my troubles with the seat post.

If all things were equal... I think I would've gone for the Giant!

OP
OP

Starseven - the description of the Allez seat post is exactly the same as the Sirrus Elite... but transpires to be inaccurate.

Why did you not complain?

I hate it when large multi national companies rip off consumers... it's not about the money but the principle... if you went into a bike shop and asked for a carbon fibre seat post, would you accept one which is carbon fibre wrap? I don't think anyone would.

The information given is misleading and illegal!

Or am I just a pain in the arse??

Not at all 008, I completely agree. I pointed out the seatpost in that thread to warn potential buyers.

I bought the Allez mail order with a considerable employee discount and had a real carbon post looking for a new home. I also seem to have had a year of fighting consumer issues so let this one slide.

You nearly always end up disappointed with the ancillary parts on big brand bikes.

I like the Specialized brand , they have overstepped the mark with this one though.
Anyone with the time and inclination should complain, everyone else will look elswhere for the next purchase, either way its their loss.

Top Bottom