Missed flight question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
If my wife books a package holiday for us and I miss the outbound flight, will I still be able to use my paid for return leg once I catch up with her at the destination?

Slick

Guru
Yes.

Can't think why you would think otherwise.

Almost certainly NOT. Your ticket will likely be cancelled once you no show for the first leg.

It’s a tactic that airlines employ to avoid people booking a return ticket and only using the last leg to save costs. It works the other way round as they cannot stop that. This is speaking from my own experience.

Last edited:
Google says many things.

Having been stood at a check in desk on 3 occasions with your described scenario i can only say that I’ve been forced to buy new tickets, oh and by then the seat you originally had has long been sold so an overnight in a hotel is possible depending on connection frequency.

Unless the airline accepts this procedure then personally i wouldn’t risk it.

Better would be to book a single return but be sat down when you see the price….

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Better would be to book a single return

What’s a single return?

Alex321

Veteran
If my wife books a package holiday for us and I miss the outbound flight, will I still be able to use my paid for return leg once I catch up with her at the destination?

Not usually.

A missed outward flight almost always means automatic cancellation of the return flight, if they were booked as a return ticket. Even if the return is from a different airport, which happened to us once, when we went on a Danube cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg (flying out to Budapest, back from Munich). We had to book and pay for tickets to get out to Budapest, and new tickets to return from Munich.

Top Bottom