Mission Cycles Tribrid. Thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
https://missioncycles.co.uk/product/mission-alloy-tribrid/

I'm thinking of getting one at the end of the year. However I wondered what others thoughts on it are? Or has anybody owned it? On the face of it it seems to offer a lot and even has a differential for 2 wheel drive. It is rather a confused thing though. The basket seems a bit wallowing shopper and seems a bit long but has thin 700c wheels reasonable gearing and probably can get a shift on. Would likely remove the basket and put on a pannier rack similar to @raleighnut profile pic. I can't really afford the classic trikes such as your longstaffs. Any thoughts?

classic33

Leg End Member

Sharky

Guru
You may be able to use the basket as a bike stand. May be possible to lift the front wheels up, so the trike is on its back legs and the basket stops it from rolling away. Thus for storage, takes up a smaller footprint.

Can I ask of your reasons for wanting a trike. As the owner of a tandem trike, a trike takes a bit of getting used to it. It's not quite as relaxing as a two wheeler.

OP
OP
HMS_Dave

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
You may be able to use the basket as a bike stand. May be possible to lift the front wheels up, so the trike is on its back legs and the basket stops it from rolling away. Thus for storage, takes up a smaller footprint.

Can I ask of your reasons for wanting a trike. As the owner of a tandem trike, a trike takes a bit of getting used to it. It's not quite as relaxing as a two wheeler.

Im fascinated by them. I was initially going to get one when i was extremely heavy. But i settled on a fat bike.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
https://missioncycles.co.uk/product/mission-alloy-tribrid/

I'm thinking of getting one at the end of the year. However I wondered what others thoughts on it are? Or has anybody owned it? On the face of it it seems to offer a lot and even has a differential for 2 wheel drive. It is rather a confused thing though. The basket seems a bit wallowing shopper and seems a bit long but has thin 700c wheels reasonable gearing and probably can get a shift on. Would likely remove the basket and put on a pannier rack similar to @raleighnut profile pic. I can't really afford the classic trikes such as your longstaffs. Any thoughts?
Looks good to me, originally with mine I just left the basket off (and the mudguards) for a couple of weeks then after I worked out that I couldn't ride it more than a mile from home because I live on a Ridge I fitted the electric front wheel kit to get me back up the hill.
That Mission has a triple on the front though so hills might not be such a problem.

The only reason it has a rack is that's where the battery lives, it took some creative bodging modification to fit though involving Aluminium 'angle' so fitting a rack unless you need to will be a faff.

Ah but Trikes are great fun, truly terrifying at first on corners and sloping uneven paths but you soon learn and then they only frighten you once in a while (normally when a bend tightens or you've gone in a little 'quick')

OP
OP
HMS_Dave

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Looks good to me, originally with mine I just left the basket off (and the mudguards) for a couple of weeks then after I worked out that I couldn't ride it more than a mile from home because I live on a Ridge I fitted the electric front wheel kit to get me back up the hill.
That Mission has a triple on the front though so hills might not be such a problem.

The only reason it has a rack is that's where the battery lives, it took some creative bodging modification to fit though involving Aluminium 'angle' so fitting a rack unless you need to will be a faff.

Ah but Trikes are great fun, truly terrifying at first on corners and sloping uneven paths but you soon learn and then they only frighten you once in a while (normally when a bend tightens or you've gone in a little 'quick')

Thanks @raleighnut I would like to retain some practicality of such a contraption but a basket is a bit.... old whiff.

It does look somewhat "sporty" beyond that though and should be easier to peddle on the roads with its 2 wheel drive also. Im not sure about its suspension forks but easily remedied im sure.

Thanks for the input.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks @raleighnut I would like to retain some practicality of such a contraption but a basket is a bit.... old whiff.

It does look somewhat "sporty" beyond that though and should be easier to peddle on the roads with its 2 wheel drive also. Im not sure about its suspension forks but easily remedied im sure.

Thanks for the input.
Plastic Box ?

1598566984929.png

OP
OP
HMS_Dave

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Sounds like a plan to me.
1*WIrvepdpbOATeuPLdNuGPg.jpg

Top Bottom