Mission Semi Recumbent Trike. Anyone Any Experience of this particular trike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stearman65

Having sold my Claud Butler Stratos folder, I'm looking for a used or budget priced recumbent trike. As winter approaches, more used items seem to be coming onto the market. I'm also in the process of changing my car to accommodate a trike. I've looked at these a number or times when deciding to return to cycling. Does anyone know any facts about them, other than what Mission & their agents say. I've searched Google but can't find any comments?
s-l500.jpg

I read elsewhere you required a small footprint trike ?
Have you now bought a Merc Sprinter Luton van
Or are you drawn to the Mission because of the low price point
You can often find these pre-owned on Ebay
Most vendors state low miles hardly used
Many bought mail order ........without riding
Wiser to consider a used but high quality trike than a cheap new
What do you do for spares if and when
ICE have an amazing reputation worldwide for backup and support for customers
If in doubt ask forum members
The key point is simple .....RIDE BEFORE YOU BUY
Finally do you know the true on the road weight of the Mission .compared to the market leading trikes
Because you still have to pedal it
Hope that assists

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

Finding trikes to try is a problem where I live PR9. Yes the Mission is almost 30kg, but where I live is very flat, yes I'm about to take delivery of a Citroen Dispatch WAV, no never seen a used semi recumbent mission on Ebay, I contacted the local Mission agent in Leyland, didn't even reply. Which is why I'm questioning.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

I'd worry about cornering stability on a single front wheel (Ex Reliant Regal owner).
That's a point, but the Reliant has all the weight over the front wheel, whereas the mission is over the rear wheels. If you remember the Bond minicar, that had the weight spread evenly, biased to the rear, never heard of stability problems on them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've had a play on one

I'd worry about cornering stability on a single front wheel (Ex Reliant Regal owner).

I'd say that comment was spot on! And it varies where you have the seat, there are 4 holes on the frame and then for each hole there is more than one position on the seat you can use, so the seat can be forward and lower or backwards and higher.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've got the more upright version, and it's mostly OK on cornering. Bit heavy, but OK for shorter distances. Since it's not the same model, I'd hesitate to compare.
General recommendations for a trike - keep the inside pedal down while cornering, and steer it rather than lean. Ride it like a bike and you will end up in a hedge. DAMHIKT.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

I think we are drifting away from the original concept of this trike, it is designed for less able bodies, who won't be whizzing around the streets at 30MPH. The user age range is governed by their inside leg measurements, which determines the seat position. If you check the spec' it's detailed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

Just noticed the KMX Tornado is less expensive the Mission, almost got to see their Tornado before I bought the first trike but they had sold it before I got there. There is a used Tornado for sale on Ebay but it's 170 miles away & the seller won't meet halfway. Anyone got or had the Tornado if so what do you think. I have an agent about 20 miles away.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've no experience of that one but it is going to be very different to the Mission in terms of position etc... reasonably low to the ground. It would be worth testing that point out before committing yourself. (Looks more fun to me personally).

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
KMX are excellent fun! Not the lightest of trikes, but huge fun. They are a good bit lower than the Mission, and most recumbent trikes are a bit hard on the knees to get in and out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom