Mission Semi Recumbent Trike. Anyone Any Experience of this particular trike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

Red delta trike??? How is this better than the KMX?
greenspeed_-anura-4.jpg

As a shape, none is "better"

It is simply a case of what suits you

The delta trikes tend to be higher, so mounting and dismounting is easier. On the other hand, you stop about 4 or 5 feet before a junction, and this can cause view problems in some cases.

My wife loves her Gekko, but finds getting up and down difficult, so we have fitted supports that assist

]
P8170264_zps0460eaef.jpg

Not a clone. If you cared to know why the GC Delta USS (underseat steering) is more expensive than Mission's Semi-Recumbent Comfort Trike - even though they come from the very same factory in Taiwan and share 90% of their components - I'll tell you.

But you'd have to ask nicely.

As a shape, none is "better"

Deltas and tadpoles have different pros and cons.

The comment was regarding the difference between a delta with chopper bars and a delta with underseat steering. In this instance (other above seat deltas - by virtue of their head angle and corrected fork offset - dont all share the Mission's faults) the USS wins hands down.

Red delta trike??? How is this better than the KMX?
greenspeed_-anura-4.jpg

Pros:
The seat is higher which makes it easier to get in and (more importantly) out of. How old are your knees again?
The higher eye level of this riding position gives a better view of ones surroundings than a low position ICE/KMX style tadpole.
It arguably gives other road users a better view of you.

Cons:

With a higher C of G it doesn't go around corners as fast as a low trike. That's not to suggest deltas are unstable, just not as mad fast in a corner.

That's not to say that the delta wheel layout cant be fast .......

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2012-0-highcroft-racing-delta-wing-nissan-marino-franchitti-mic.jpg

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

Not a clone. If you cared to know why the GC Delta USS (underseat steering) is more expensive than Mission's Semi-Recumbent Comfort Trike - even though they come from the very same factory in Taiwan and share 90% of their components - I'll tell you.

But you'd have to ask nicely.
Hi I'm not really interested, but the pictures look identical. Similar to the situation when we bought my wife's Dahon C5 Ciao which has a couple of clones at least. I assume it's the gearing?

Pros:
The seat is higher which makes it easier to get in and (more importantly) out of. How old are your knees again?
The higher eye level of this riding position gives a better view of ones surroundings than a low position ICE/KMX style tadpole.
It arguably gives other road users a better view of you.

Cons:

With a higher C of G it doesn't go around corners as fast as a low trike. That's not to suggest deltas are unstable, just not as mad fast in a corner.

That's not to say that the delta wheel layout cant be fast .......

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2012-0-highcroft-racing-delta-wing-nissan-marino-franchitti-mic.jpg

If you have more than two wheels on the ground you are too slow!

Top Bottom