Mistakes in films

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

Greedo

I watched this and they are all drinking Holsten Pils with Griff Rhys Jones.

What's that about?

Brains said:
Ice Cold in Alex, the classic 1958 WWII film with John Mills, Sylvia Simm and Anthony Quale as the baddie as they trek across the desert to Alexandria after the 1941 fall of Tobruk. Towards the end various Army Landrovers can be seen in the background.

The first Landrover was produced in 1948

In You've Got Mail, 2 mistakes (and there are others...)

When waiting in the restaurant, Meg Ryan has a red rose on top of a book on the table and she opens the book and puts the rose inside. Next shot, the rose is on top of the book again.

Where Tom Hanks is on the yacht talking with his father, he adds olives to both of the Martinis he's making, the film cuts to his father, back to Tom and one of the Martinis now has no olive - so Tom adds it again!

Graham O

Night Train said:
There is also a scene where the army ambulance is bouncing over the dunes. In some shots it is a four wheel drive vehicle with a driven front axle and in others it is a rear wheel drive with a beam front axle.

Any mistakes in Ice Cold in Alex, can easily be forgiven because the rest of it is such a brilliant film. I love it. (However I will be looking closely next time it is on!)

Clive Atton

Über Member
Unkraut said:
In a scene in the older version of The Railway Children showing the steam train chugging through the countryside you can see three modern cars going down a road in the background.

The worst mistake that I've spotted in the Railway Children is where jenny Agutter fails to get her tits out........

simoncc

In Quadrophenia the hero is riding his scooter down the road in 1960s London and 1970s cars are passing by on the other side.

Will1985

Über Member
Another Arnie film - there is a scene in True Lies where he is driving a convertible with Bill Paxton when Arnie suddenly punches him and you see a bloodied face for a second, but then he is bloodless in the next shot.

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
Arch said:
In "Local Hero", the marine biologist points off screen and says "look, grey seals", and the picture cuts to a colony of Sealions.. I spotted that one my very own self...

I can forgive Local Hero a lot of things like that though. What a film.

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
domd1979 said:
Another James Bond one is in Goldeneye, in the cab of the Russian loco (actually a BR Class 20), bloke shouts "full power" (or words to that effect), which is followed by the driver pushing the power controller into the "off" position. I daresay only train cranks would notice though..... I also think in one of the scenes the engine noise is all wrong.

In a similar vein, the loco used in the wartime drama "Charlotte Grey" is actually a BR standard 9F (I think), not produced until the mid - 50s. I could cope with that if they'd made any effort to hide its number during filming ...

Hover Fly

Lazy so and so
In "The Bank Job" a rake of carriages is alongside the platform at Paddington painted in maroon, but by 1971 almost all BR carriages were blue and grey.

Top Bottom