mitts - sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

I have to admit to be a fingerless glove virgin.

So, I decided that in popping this cherry I would by buy something delicious :evil:

So I got these Knog Love/Hate mitts
knog-lovehate-mitt-ind.jpg

By general consensus - mrsG, office crew, mates in the boozer last night - I have small hands for a man of my metal. So when I ordered them I chose 'large'. They arrived but I could not get them on to my hands at all.

I re-ordered XXL. They have just arrived (I love getting these presents at work) and I tried them on. Now I would say they are comfortable but tight.

Is this normal for mitts to be so small? Or is it just this brand/style that seem like the sizes are for children?

jayce

It might be that brand i got big hands and i order xxl and they fit like a glove,lol,good punn.i got northwave and nike pros all good fitment

Chrisz

Über Member
I got a set of those!!

Had exactly the same problem, the XL size wouldn't even go on my hand. I changed them for a set of XXL and they were tight to the point of being uncomfortable/painful (I couldnt fully open my hand in them). I used them as driving gloves for a month to stretch them out and now they are merely 'snug'.

I have large hands but eventually the Knogs began to stretch to fit (especially once sweated in a few times) ;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
My gorewear fingered gloves are either Xl or XXl, they are size 9.
My mits are just L and are sort of big, but not too big.

kyuss

Veteran
Most leather gloves should feel small at first and will then stretch and shape themselves to your hand. That's the best thing about them, persevere and you end up with a glove that, eh, fits like a glove.

I still miss my old leather mitts. I really should get round to getting some more.

Top Bottom