Mmmm, Shorts weather...that's better!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Went out with my pal about 4 o/c this afternoon...and wore me shorts....lurverly!
Very warm here in Oxfordshire today, weather was best described as mildly moist, a slight mizzle I guess...anyway opted for the shorts and a nice 20miler with a few steep hilly bits for fun. Was great to be bare-legged once more, unencumbered by leggings.
It was dark as we sped for home off the top of Cumnor hill...no street lighting, a slight spit in the air, silence all around except the sound of our tyres on the wet tarmac and the hum of chain drives, I pulled out of my mates slipstream and came alongside him, we were clipping along about 20 mph, men and machines in perfect harmony...one 50 year old and one 43 year old kid with big grins on our faces...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shorts...no never !!!

yoyo

Yes! It's been as warm as any day of 'summer' 2007 here in the south. 16C in London this afternoon and a mere 15C in Berks.

Yoyo

I remember reading that if very cold air gets to the hairs on your legs repeatedly during the winter months, they can become brittle and drop off. Legs or hairs, not sure which.

Actually, I may have written it too... :biggrin:

:angry:

Bigtallfatbloke

too windy for me...tommorrow they say it might stop for a while...i think i'm becoming a wimp agin....what with a lack of sleep etc...oh well..

Top Bottom