MNARRGHAA Hayfever Me Eyes They Burrrn!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Me hayfever as just kicked in BIG TIME today! My eyes are on fire, I cant breath and I wont tell you about the alien brain fluid leaking from me nose.

The one blight I reckon theres a cure for and they try and make you pay for "antihistemines". :smile:

Really affects my riding when I'm going "Hooo-ahhchhh!" and wheezing like a priest in a sixth form ladies college.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Aw - poor you. Can't you get injections now for this? Local GP surgery etc etc.

And when sneezing on the bike - do be sure to have space as a wobble could be serious in traffic.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Tried to get the injections to build up me tolerance a couple of years back but the Doctor (not mine, a locum) refused. In fact I've never actually met my own doctor. ;)

I know a few others who are suffering. They're blaming it on a certain volcano, though watching the weather today its been measured as a very high pollen count.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Interesting. I came back from my bike ride with sore eyes and I don't suffer from hay fever. There feels to be a gritty feeling in both eyes and I definitely think it's particles of the Icelandic ash.

Mille

PaulB said:
Interesting. I came back from my bike ride with sore eyes and I don't suffer from hay fever. There feels to be a gritty feeling in both eyes and I definitely think it's particles of the Icelandic ash.

There was a doc on the TV saying a lot of people are blaming it for a lot of things.

It's just pollen. ;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I know this is a bit disgusting but, I picked my nose today and the bogie I extracted was full of fine dark grit, similar to brick dust.
Also all the cars in my street and at work were covered in a fine layer of grey dust this morning.

My hayfever is just going now (Tree pollen, not grass) but I found these people do a month worth of pills for 1.50. ;) Saved me a small fortune.

Generic clarityn, but they do the branded stuff too.

http://www.chemist-4-u.com/Loratadine.html

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just back from a quick 7 mile ride with my old man. Christ that was hard... my lungs just ceased up by the time I got home, then I realise theres no subutanol left. I got about a dose by pressing the inhaler 6 or so times. :biggrin:

The pollen is out in force tonight. I pushed the goggles right against me face but me eyes are scratchy and itchy.

Gonna phone the docs tomorrow and try and get sorted out. Maybe I need to go on the stronger inhaler again. ;)

Still trashed the old man for speed on the hills.. mind you I'm on the kona with drops, he was on his Giant hybrid with front suspension. Need to get him a road bike. :laugh: He's not bad for a 55 year old that had a heart attack 3 years back, though.

downfader said:
Me hayfever as just kicked in BIG TIME today! My eyes are on fire, I cant breath and I wont tell you about the alien brain fluid leaking from me nose.

The one blight I reckon theres a cure for and they try and make you pay for "antihistemines". :thumbsup:

Really affects my riding when I'm going "Hooo-ahhchhh!" and wheezing like a priest in a sixth form ladies college.

You have my sympathy. Mine is the worst it's been for a few years.

Top Bottom