Mobile phone advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wobbler

It's that time of year again!
I was thinking of going for one of these
http://www.3-mobileshop.co.uk/phones/samsung/galaxy-ace-black/
The house phone is never used. It would mean losing the Broadband.
I can live with that as long as this phone is OK for Cycle Chatting and a bit of Ebaying.
The reviews say the battery life is poor.
Are there any similar phone deals with a better battery life?
I don't really want to pay £25 a month, I will struggle to use 100 minutes a month if I went unlimited I would have to phone total strangers to use them up.
thanks for any help
Rich

I did try registering on the Technology forum. First it said I was there, then it said I was not???

HovR

Über Member
Go for the Galaxy Ace 2. Better quality screen, faster processor, more RAM, HD video recording - Just overall better. I generally charge mine every two days, but this is very dependent on your usage.

Very good phone in my opinion, especially for the price. I've had it playing some very CPU intensive 3D games with no issues/stuttering. It will take internet browsing and eBaying in its stride!

I pay £15 a month and get 300 minutes, 300 texts and unlimited internet from T-Mobile (now EE).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Go for the Galaxy Ace 2. Better quality screen, faster processor, more RAM, HD video recording - Just overall better. I generally charge mine every two days, but this is very dependent on your usage.

Very good phone in my opinion, especially for the price. I've had it playing some very CPU intensive 3D games with no issues/stuttering. It will take internet browsing and eBaying in its stride!

I pay £15 a month and get 300 minutes, 300 texts and unlimited internet from T-Mobile (now EE).
That sounds like a cracking deal! I've been looking at the Galaxy Ace 2 and I think I'd need a contract with Orange or T-Mobile because I'm in a reception blackspot for other networks. I haven't seen a deal as good as that though. Please could you post a link to whoever is offering it. The cheapest I've seen is a lot more than that.

HovR

Über Member
That sounds like a cracking deal! I've been looking at the Galaxy Ace 2 and I think I'd need a contract with Orange or T-Mobile because I'm in a reception blackspot for other networks. I haven't seen a deal as good as that though. Please could you post a link to whoever is offering it. The cheapest I've seen is a lot more than that.

I've just looked, and they seem not to do this exact contract anymore, unfortunately! I got this contract a few months ago.

Whilst I prefer to get my phones straight from the operator so I'm only dealing with one company (also better service if the phone breaks) I've found some of the best deals are had when you go through the phone shops such as Phones4You.

e.g. 250 minutes, 5000 texts and 500MB of data for £15 a month with TalkMobile (who run on the Vodafone network).
or 50 minutes, 250 texts and 750MB of data for £15.50 with T-Mobile
or 100 minutes, unlimited texts and 250MB of data with T-Mobile.

Link.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I recently got a Galaxy Ace and I think it is superb for the money. Seriously unless you want to use iplayer or play recent games it is a very good phone. The battery life is not as bad as you would think. Obviously the more you have switched on, wireless, GPS the worse it will be. You will probably have to charge it every night though, I do. But it's fine for a long cycle ride with Endomondo, just make sure it is fully charged before you go. This is only my second android phone, the first was a HTC Wildfire, that was a good phone and sligthly better battery life than the Galaxy Ace. I noticed a big jump in performance with the Galaxy Ace though. I just use it for the uses that you describe and it is very capable for all of them. Anything more would probably be a waste of money for me.

I got mine from Talk Mobile (uses the Vodafone network) on the £7.50 a month offer on for 250 minutes, 5000 texts and 500GB of data. Nobody else came close for this phone, usually close to twice the price.. That deal is still available but the Galaxy Ace is no longer available on it which is a shame.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My missus has the Ace 2 on £15 a month from Orange - very good phone indeed, and it's quick !

postman

Legendary Member
Samsung galaxy ace for me.
500 whatever internet
500 texts
200 mins.
all for the sum of £7 per month.This deal started late October,i told them i was leaving after four years with them.I told them loyalty was only on my side and i felt i was not being appreciated enough so i was going to Carphone Wharehouse,they upped the ante then.
CFW was 250 mins but i thought stay with them because CFW was £7-50.
A very good deal.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I'm on talk mobile....supposed to cost £12 a month with unlimited text. It has a voluntary call cut off or something which I set at £20 but it.just cut.me off at £18.50...saying I exceeded my.limit for texts??
It has internet as well...not sure of limit.
I finally got virgin to cancel my.landline so I can pay.for the mobile .
But kept my.broadband and tv with.virgin.
I think we need a people's phone....bit like Hitler's Volkswagen...simple, cheap, easy to drive, lasts forever, looks cool etc lol!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've just looked, and they seem not to do this exact contract anymore, unfortunately! I got this contract a few months ago.
Thanks. I thought that deal sounded too good!

I think I might just get my old Nokia Navigator unlocked for now and use that to replace the crappy Sagem that I have been using. Once my financial situation improves I won't be too concerned by paying a bit extra for a contract.

Thinking about it - when I do upgrade, I will want a contract which will allow tethering so I can use my Galaxy Tab when travelling. I know a lot of contracts prohibit that. Can anybody suggest a deal that has unlimited internet and allows tethering?

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I can thoroughly recommend dialaphone..same group as phones4u..but cheaper. I don't know how...but they offer contracts cheaper than going direct to the network operator. Good easy website to browse.

Top Bottom