mobile phone experiment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Once, a fone of mine [mobile] vibrated itself into a glass of water next to the bed when it was waking me up [alarm]. It was quite funny to see and hear it slowly die though it was a great great fone (Panasonic GD87) - Anyhow: shook all the water out of it and took it the CPW said 'it just won't turn on'...they sent it away and it came back a week or 2 later and worked - ;) !

bikie

Über Member
My phone has been washed in the washing machine twice, sat it on the radiator after until fully dry, works fine

Mr Pig

Yip. My last phone spent ten minutes underwater and worked fine once I'd dried it out. I spilled a full glass of diluting orange into my son's laptop and it too was fine once dried out. I was sweating on that one though ;0)

montage

God Almighty
Here's a mobile phone experiment...if you get 4 mobile phones, lay them on a table pointing at each other in a '+' configuration, and place a kernel of corn in the middle, then ring all 4 phones simultaneously, the corn will heat up microwave-style and turn to popcorn.

Dare you try it? No, coz you is nesh.
Doesn't work :smile:

A friend of mine worked as a dive instructor in Zanzibar. After losing many a phone to the briny depths, he discovered that if you pop your phone into a condom, pull it tight and tie a good knot, then the phone is waterproofed and retains full functionality...
Sorry but do you really need a mobile phone while diving? :laugh:

Andy in Sig said:
Am I the only human left on the planet who simply fails to understand why people feel the need to have the damn things on their person at all times?

(I recently discoved that my mobile number had been deleted because I haven't switched the thing on for about a year.)

No and for the reason for seeing yet another motorist texting while driving I now wonder why I carry a mobile around as I very rarely use it.

Generally it is for emergency purposes in my job.

Maz

Guru
montage said:
Doesn't work :biggrin:
Hmm...Sure you did it right?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOLNiBVyGyA

GentleBenn

Veteran
A mate stayed over at mine after we'd been out for a skinfull,when we got up in the morning my stereo system was covered in water, and it would'nt work, took the back off the stereo and dried it out with a hairdryer, worked fine after !
Years later, my mate confessed he'd pissed on it in a drunken stupor !:biggrin:

Danny

Legendary Member
Went to Manchester last year. Skies opened as soon as I left the station and I got soaked through to the skin as did my phone. Tried drying it out in the airing cupboard for 3 days but never got it working.

That's Manchester for you :biggrin:

Top Bottom