mobile phone experiment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Did you know that if you drop your new mobile phone into the bathroom sink, then leave it it in the airing cupboard for 12 hours, you breathe a big sigh of relief when it works fine, as you didnlt have it insured? Phew!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
With phones, laptops and so on, if you get it wet, just make sure it's off, not connected to any charger, and just leave it to dry. Should work fine after that....

They die when people mop up the water a little and then turn them on to see if they're still working before the thing is properly dried out....

Mayniac

However, if you leave it on the ground in a muddy car park, and a JCB runs over it, the result will be different. You'll probably find that you are unable to answer it due to the keypad being damaged, despite the fact that it's still ringing.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
A friend of mine worked as a dive instructor in Zanzibar. After losing many a phone to the briny depths, he discovered that if you pop your phone into a condom, pull it tight and tie a good knot, then the phone is waterproofed and retains full functionality...

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
zimzum42 said:
A friend of mine worked as a dive instructor in Zanzibar. After losing many a phone to the briny depths, he discovered that if you pop your phone into a condom, pull it tight and tie a good knot, then the phone is waterproofed and retains full functionality...

Am I the only human left on the planet who simply fails to understand why people feel the need to have the damn things on their person at all times?

(I recently discoved that my mobile number had been deleted because I haven't switched the thing on for about a year.)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Also that if you go swimming wearing a watch you thought was waterproof and it gets cold and sucks in water, you can open the back and dry it out with hotel tissues and the hairdryer and it will carry on working faultlessly?

zimzum42 said:
With phones, laptops and so on, if you get it wet, just make sure it's off, not connected to any charger, and just leave it to dry. Should work fine after that....

They die when people mop up the water a little and then turn them on to see if they're still working before the thing is properly dried out....

Take out any batteries as well. [carefully]

Airing cupboards are great places for drying out soggy electronics.

byegad

Legendary Member
While working for a well known mobile provider I had a caller who had 'lost' his phone. Well actually he'd dropped it in a slurry pit so he knew where it was but... We replaced it on the grounds of goodwill.

Mr Pig

Andy in Sig said:
Am I the only human left who fails to understand why people feel the need to have the things on their person at all times?

No. I only carry/switch mine on when I have a reason to. Most of the time it's off.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mine is a business tool, which is switched on during working hours (which is all day while I'm abroad). Friends and family who want to 'phone me at home can use the land line, it's cheaper.

tyred

Legendary Member
I rarely carry mine unless I think I might actually need to use it. I use it more as an alarm clock than as a phone. It is beyond me why some feel they can't be without one at all times. At a recent family funeral, my cousin was moaning that she had to switch it off in the church!

Andy in Sig said:
(I recently discoved that my mobile number had been deleted because I haven't switched the thing on for about a year.)

I shan't ask you if you've bought a new one yet then ;)

Maz

Guru
Here's a mobile phone experiment...if you get 4 mobile phones, lay them on a table pointing at each other in a '+' configuration, and place a kernel of corn in the middle, then ring all 4 phones simultaneously, the corn will heat up microwave-style and turn to popcorn.

Dare you try it? No, coz you is nesh.

Top Bottom