Mobile phone screens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone know the cheapest way of getting mobile screen replaced? (daughter's phone, uninsured, dropped, phone shop sez 45 squid... phone only cost 60...) :biggrin:

Only last week I dropped my Nokia 5410 (fell out of my pocket whilst cycling - it didn't bounce very well) and had to buy a new phone.
Price to fix broken screen was an unreasonable £40, so I bought a cheap and cheerful Nokia 2610 for £15.

Just tell your daughter to get a cheapie!

to be honest, they're a pain to get fixed, phone goes away for weeks, takes forever. they may lend her another one in the meantime but still, if the choice is £40 to repair and be without it for a few weeks and £60 for a new one immediately...

Trillian

if you'r out in a rural town you can often find people on the market who'll do it in an hour, voids the warenty from the manuracturer but hey, it worked for me.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The country is awash with unwanted old phones. Buy her one and make her use it to teach her to be more careful.

Will1985

Über Member
I did it myself a month ago....shattered a Nokia 6280 screen when it was in the back of my jersey (pushed it against my saddle)....found a shop online which sold the screen for £25. Not too hard, but you can't guarantee it do-able with all phones.

Incidentally Dayvo, I just found a screen for your phone for £8.50

snorri

Legendary Member
A screen on a phone, what will be next?:wacko:

longers

Legendary Member
T-Cut is very good for removing the small scratches that collect on your mobile phone screen. Works on watch faces too.

Top Bottom