Mobile phone use - a new low?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I witnessed what I believe to be a new low in the use of mobile phones,

It was in the toilet of a motorway service area.

Stood at the next urinal was a man (phew) talking on his mobile phone.

So there he is, todger in one hand, mobile in the other, talking to 'Laura' to fix what sounded like a business meeting.

I wonder if Laura knew where he was, and if so, what she would make of it.

Mobiles have invaded nearly every public space, now that toilets have been added to the list there is now almost nowhere with no risk of somebody rocking up next to you talking on the phone.

Keith Oates

Janner
The way that some people shout into the phones they want the whole world to know their business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not new. I got my first mobile phone in 1996, part of the process of finding a new job. I went to the toilet during my leaving party, and of course admired all it's amazing features: it had caller id! it has a built in address book! you can play snake on it! (but not wumpus :sad: )

Of course, I did not make a call on it. Nor send send a text, but only because that wasn't around for another year in Australia.

In the next cubicle? A woman having an angry phone call "Well, if Barry thinks that then he can start looking for a new place to work!"

I tried to flush as loudly as I could, after deciding shouting "she's on the toilet!" was uncouth.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

So there he is, todger in one hand, mobile in the other, talking to 'Laura' to fix what sounded like a business meeting.

Mobiles have invaded nearly every public space, now that toilets have been added to the list there is now almost nowhere with no risk of somebody rocking up next to you talking on the phone.

Good grief, is nothing sacred.........

You both must lead sheltered lives.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Good example of Executive Multitasking if you ask me .....

MarkF

Guru
I didn't have a mobile phone till I was 37, had a pager and car phone before, the former seem funny now. The phone will go the day I retire.

A scooter nearly crashed into the back of my car last week, I noticed the rider was texting, manically, he carried on doing so, nearly crashing several more times, for over a mile.

gelfy666

Über Member
i hate mobile phones, yes ive got one, but only because i need to have one just in case......... off on holiday on friday and ill turn it on for 15 mins everyday, just in case someone NEEDS me.

the wife on the other hand will be on hers all day.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You should consider, particularly if you are standing next to the person, that they are not actually talking to anybody, they are taking photos or videoing.

yello

Whereas I, on the other hand, love mobile phones and wouldn't be without mine. I rarely use it (as a phone) but it has served a purpose.

In fact, mobile phones are one of those technological developments that have me sitting back in amazement, pondering just how sodding clever we humans can be on occasions.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
My mum tells me that I'm better behaved than my brother on the phone. I pass her over to the kids if I want a comfort break. He just goes and she can hear him whichever act he is performing whilst still talking to her.

Venod

Eh up

That's just taking the piss. (urine won't let me post piss)

Top Bottom