Mobile phone use - a new low?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
It was in the toilet of a motorway service area.

Motorway Service areas? That's where you get adverts above the gents with QR codes. For the Luddites amongst us, a QR code is one of those funny square black and barcodes, commonly used on adverts to link to a website, using the camera on one's smartphone.

So some bright spark thought it was a good idea to encourage blokes to get their phone cameras out at the urinals.

How about, no?

Lullabelle

Banana
A mobile phone is a great thing to have but like most things it is abused. One of my colleagues will spend long periods of time looking for the best deal and then brag about how many free texts/calls/hours etc... what ever happened to face to face communication? Surely having a life would be a much better idea.

RedRider

Pulling through
I dropped my mobile down the toilet bowl in a cubicle a couple of weeks ago. It was in the back pocket of my jersey. I was wearing bibs and needed to remove my jersey to...well, you can imagine. That's when it made it's ill-fated escape. It's knackered.

Lullabelle

Banana
It never ceases to amaze me to see a couple out together and they are both talking or texting on their phones and pretty much ignoring each other, what kind of a relationship is that.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Good example of Executive Multitasking if you ask me .....

Maybe that is why AG2R riders have those brown shorts/leggings, there was a simple misunderstanding during such a call!! :laugh:

Crankarm

Guru
I witnessed what I believe to be a new low in the use of mobile phones,

It was in the toilet of a motorway service area.

Stood at the next urinal was a man (phew) talking on his mobile phone.

So there he is, todger in one hand, mobile in the other, talking to 'Laura' to fix what sounded like a business meeting.

I wonder if Laura knew where he was, and if so, what she would make of it.

Mobiles have invaded nearly every public space, now that toilets have been added to the list there is now almost nowhere with no risk of somebody rocking up next to you talking on the phone.

Was it an eye phone? Was he filming :eek:?

And every pubic space as well ……….

Top Bottom