Mobile phone using drivers will be targetted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
hackbike 666 said:
It would take you £3.6 million to retire?:biggrin:

I think Crankarm would be value for money. I think he, Vikeonabike and Magnatom should team up as the elite mobile phone squad.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
To be honest if it stopped people using their mobiles I would be prepared to go out on my on time for FREE and photograph/film them - but I haven't got the clout to get the prosecutions. Lives are far more important than me being rich.

Mark_Robson

Let's not forget that there are two levels of mobile phone abusers, there are the people who phone whilst driving and then there are the people who text whilst driving. The people who phone whilst driving are bad enough but the people who text or read texts are complete reckless idiots.

Alun

Guru
Whilst I agree with the sentiments (well most of them) expressed above, I wonder how effective the 'photographic evidence' of phone use will be if challenged in court. I think the routine with the police is that if you don't come clean, they can check phone records and maybe take the phone as evidence.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Crankarm said:
Never mind what their parents would say, try the police and the head teacher.

I agree but as I don't know the school and the bus is plain white I don't know the company.
This last week it has been a different driver so maybe something has been done about the driver.

Crankarm

Guru
reiver said:
If you can photograph them do so and pass it onto the police.
I reported this one and understand it was dealt with properly.
f13848.jpg

Why is half the picture missing?

Crankarm

Guru
reiver said:
>Why is half the picture missing?
As I believe my complaint was handled correctly and justice was done, I have made a few alterations to hide the driver and bus company as I don't think it is right to now identify him on a public forum. The point of putting the picture up is to encourage others to use cameras / phones to capture this increasingly dangerous habit that seems to be on the increase.

Was the driver sacked?

;)

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
marinyork said:
I think Crankarm would be value for money. I think he, Vikeonabike and Magnatom should team up as the elite mobile phone squad.

Magic Idea Marin...Get us the sponsorship and the kit....I'm up for it....
Mags can get the evidence..Crank is grumpy enough to be a judge so he can pass sentence and I'll be the executioner:thumbsup:

marinyork said:

Can we have the intro music from the A team! Now that would be cool! ;):wacko:

Top Bottom