Mobile phones, Grrrr!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

inkd

Can somebody please explain to me why these things are the size of a mini tablet? They are not very pocket friendly are they?
So here is my dilemma, I`m looking for a different phone and its got to be pocket friendly to jeans. I have an xperia J at the moment and I cant get on with it, I don't do a lot of things with phones just calling/texts and a camera with at least 5mp. My wife has a thing for mobiles and I always have her cast offs, I do like a decent size screen but looking at the second hand market they are all much of a likeness. I have always had Android so I might look into something different. Any suggestions?

Kies

Samsung Galaxy S2, is small. The S3 is slightly bigger. Depends on how good your eyes are.
Both are very good and run things like strava with no issues

colly

Re member eR
I was fed up with the weight and size of my phone so went back to a previous one I had at the bottom of a drawer.

It does all I want, such as, camera, reminders, calender, timer etc oh and make calls. It's about 40mm x 90mm x 10mm and weighs next to nothing.
SDC11747.JPG

byegad

Legendary Member
I have a Galaxy Mini, even with a leather cover that holds 3 credit cards and some banknotes, it fits into my trouser pocket OK.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll stick to my Xperia Ray which, at 111 x 53 x 9.4 mm (4.37 x 2.09 x 0.37 in), is not much bigger than colly's old phone. The display is small at 8.4 cm (3.3"), but has a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels (297 ppi) so it is very clear.

se-xperia-ray-ofic.jpg

Last edited:

matthat

Über Member
Not sure which 1 the experia J is but i've got the experia Miro which is the smaller one of the range, I like it as it is pocket sized and has just enough processor power for what i use it for!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got the S3. Looked at the Note 2 and that's flipping huge. The S3 is a big bugger, but it's very thin. I use mine with an armoured case anyway - have a tendancy to drop phones from caravan roofs. :rolleyes:

You could take a look at the S3 or S4 mini

OP
OP
inkd

inkd

Thanks for the reply`s, I will look into the mini versions of phones or perhaps venture into the Blackberry world as some of theirs isn't too tall. Also I am on a contract sim so I will see if it is rolling or set date contract, maybe a new phone on contract.

paul04

Über Member
The new Samsung s4 mini phone is only 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm ( or 4.91 x 2.41 x 0.35 in inch's)

Thanks for the reply`s, I will look into the mini versions of phones or perhaps venture into the Blackberry world as some of theirs isn't too tall. Also I am on a contract sim so I will see if it is rolling or set date contract, maybe a new phone on contract.
I'm on my 2nd Blackberry I love em.... apps are a bit limited but still got a gps program to log rides and a fantastic mobile banking app.... so I will replace it with another when contracts up.

Top Bottom