Mobile phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Well i found this while cycling today. A Young man on his phone. Now some people on here are "well im not bothered by it or its something small". I however have zero tolerance i hate people who use their phones while driving. It is something i would fell free to report and make a statement over!

The fact he put it on his lap makes me think he was just going to use it further up. i did catch up to him at the other lights but i was going the other way and didn't go all sonofthewind on his ass.

I made a report to Northumbria police and the woman on the phone has seen the footage on YouTube. I must add this was very fast, a phone call within 10mins of making the report.
To my understanding mobile phone use whilst driving is something they are cracking down on.

I have an appointment down at my local station to make an official complaint and statement.

Follow this post for further updates.

Using a mobile affects driving ability as much as being drunk. Drivers on mobiles aren't sorting out peace in the Middle East or developing strategies to defeat cancer, they are selfish, arrogant twits gossiping on the phone and not paying attention to the road. Well done.

Yes well done. Kudos to you for being prepared to report it, and to your local police for being willing to run it - hopefully they don't let me down now, but I would say if they are going to statement you, they are willing to act! Let us know how it goes.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I saw a woman on her phone today (the only thing that happened actually). She was going in the other direction but I probably wouldnt have said anything anyway.

MPU doesnt really bother me but I will keep it on record.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Mobile phone use annoys me, and I see it all the time.

It's getting worse nowadays because people aren't just making calls, they're texting or messing about Facebook.

Nebulous

Guru
Mobile phone use annoys me, and I see it all the time.

It's getting worse nowadays because people aren't just making calls, they're texting or messing about Facebook.

Yep - sitting behind cars at lights that don't move because the driver is fiddling with her phone on her lap appears to be on the increase. Whereas people actually on the phone are generally male and often 'professional' drivers; vans, lorries etc. I'm sure it takes a bit of skill to turn a large vehicle round a tight junction with one hand whilst on the phone.

04 January 2013

More than a quarter of motorists text while driving, with those using cars for work more likely to offend.
And more than one in seven say they apply make-up or shave while at the wheel, the survey by road safety charity Brake and insurance company Direct Line found.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/t...shameful-and-deadly-list-of-sins-8437988.html

I read an Australian story that said paramedics had treated RTC victims with a mobile phone embedded in their hand. The collision was so violent the phone actually transfixed itself in the hand.

snorri

Legendary Member
What was the point in overtaking at a point so close to the zebra crossing when you could have seen the road would have been clear for the car to proceed before you had been able to complete the overtaking manoeuvre?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mobile phone use bothers me ... I see it almost every single day, even when driving you notice the hand up at the ear or in front of the steering wheel.

This week we had someone pull onto the roundabout in front of us on his phone, (didn't notice that actually there was a car coming from his right), but managed to get off the roundabout then drove through a pedestrian crossing with a pedestrian who had just stepped on expecting him to stop. He obviously wasn't concentrating on the road.

I currently think the penalties for being caught using your phone and the chances of being caught are too low, so lots of people do it as it is worth the risk (as far as they are concerned).

D

Deleted member 26715

Get a life guys & stop whining, saying you hate somebody just because they are using a phone whilst driving is pathetic & childish. BTW I don't drive & use the phone

Alan...

Hip Priest

Veteran
Get a life guys & stop whining, saying you hate somebody just because they are using a phone whilst driving is pathetic & childish. BTW I don't drive & use the phone

Alan...

I don't hate people just because they use the phone whilst driving, but it is an act of criminal stupidity and needs to be stopped. Someone near me slammed straight into a skip because they were texting and not looking where they were going. It could've been a cyclist.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I don't hate people just because they use the phone whilst driving, but it is an act of criminal stupidity and needs to be stopped. Someone near me slammed straight into a skip because they were texting and not looking where they were going. It could've been a cyclist.

There was a crash recently in Streatham into a bus stop and im not even sure whether that was due to a mobile phone but a woman was killed in that incident due to an imbecile.Im woried about this society as standards seem to be slipping down the toilet,if they wern't already.

Top Bottom