Mobile tech query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ok, long story short, my wife's phone is reporting:

upload_2018-9-18_12-48-19.png

...which says to me that there's about nine & a half Gb of data on there, if I'm reading it right. But when I open that folder and do a 'properties' on all the folders, most report 0 bytes, and the ones that don't all added up don't get to 4Gb (DCIM, with pictures, is by far the biggest, at about 3.1). So...where are the other five and a half?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
There will be some system files, and apps, that take up a lot. Also some files/folders may be hidden. I'd suspect that some apps have saved a load of data/pictures that you can't see?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks. So would these be hidden somehow? It just baffles me that they don't show up in any of the folders in that folder.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Try installing an app like 'files go' by Google to free up space.
Thanks...I'm not actually too bothered about clearing up space - this is all part of putting a new big SD card in, so space isn't going to be an issue. I was just baffled - and still am. I downloaded something called treesize, because Explorer doesn't list folder sizes for some reason. Now I'm having trouble trying to tally this:

upload_2018-9-18_14-3-32.png

with this

upload_2018-9-18_12-48-19-png.png

Like I say, it's not a massive practical issue. I just don't like it when things don't make sense. :gun:

Katherine

Guru
Unfortunately, most of the bigger apps won't let you move them to the memory card.

I use C cleaner to clean the cashe and all the old updates.
On my old phone I had to regularly uninstall an app, clean out the files and cashe and reinstall.
Eventually I had to stop using the app and log onto the website instead.

Top Bottom