Mobile Upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plax said:
I keep getting phone calls to upgrade my phone. I'm not overly bothered, but then thought I could get a new contract for about £20 p/m and a "free" X box Elite. Then sell both on ebay. I'm a staunch PS3 supporter you see. Any one done this? I currently pay £35 p/m and don't use anywhere near half of the texts or minutes so anything cheaper p/m would be good. Since I already like my existing phone (Samsung Pixon), then anything else is surplus to requirements.

I do not do business with anyone who phones me unsolicited. You encourage them and a million others by doing business with these pests.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Or do not natter so dang much on the phone :wacko:

£10 will last me 2 months,if anyone is that desperate to talk to me then they can wait till i get home .Obviously i have a phone as an emergency tool but unlike many i do not feel the need to walk round with it sending mostly from what i have seen inane txts etc.

Fair enough if you have a job that requires you to contact people in a non office environment but as i could be distracted whilst using a 2 tonne fork truck for me its a bad idea.

albal

Guru
I'm looking for a phone. I am currently on virgin 800 min 800 tx for £18 p mth. sim only. What i cant understand is why are phones so expensive ??? 300 , 400 quid. They are offering a 18 month deal £20 p/mth blackberry curve 8520 free only 200 min i think. I need to purchase by 16th Aug (work commitments). Any advice? prefer to keep existing Not tied in deal.

Downward

Guru
I'm looking for a phone. I am currently on virgin 800 min 800 tx for £18 p mth. sim only. What i cant understand is why are phones so expensive ??? 300 , 400 quid. They are offering a 18 month deal £20 p/mth blackberry curve 8520 free only 200 min i think. I need to purchase by 16th Aug (work commitments). Any advice? prefer to keep existing Not tied in deal.

Google Simfone - It's a cracking comparison site.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
I'd forgotten about this thread!
I ended up renewing my contract with 02. Went for a £15 18 month contract (why can't you get 12 month contracts anymore!). It is for unlimited texts and 100 minutes. This should do me as I very rarely get to 100 minutes of talking. So that's 20 squids saved every month. Oh, and I got a Nokia X3 free. Not a bad little phone, I used it for a couple of weeks before switching back to my Samsung Pixon. Think I'll keep that one as a spare as it has a 3.2 mp camera and is tri band so handy as a backup.

So didn't bother with the freebies in the end as the monthly cost was higher with them.

Downward

Guru
So Scenario
I pay £25 per month and over the last 6 months have used a max of 200 texts and 60 mins per month.

Current C905 is waterlogged and thus I have claimed on Insurance. My contract ends in 6 weeks. Do I just wait and see what phone the Insurance offer as replacement (It has been nearly 3 weeks and they say 5-10 working days for a decision), Upgrade early or just hang tight until the contracts up.

Would like a Desire (£379.99) or I could go contract £25 per month for the I Phone (£120 to buy) which I could use to replace my failing I pod Or spend £120 on an I Pod Touch buy the desire and stick on the 02 Web and Text £10 payg tarrif ??

Top Bottom