Mod mis-use of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you are all going to be posting 'under the influence later', many of us will be off celebrating - so behave and be nice to each other ! :laugh:

col

Legendary Member
Just a reminder of the first few rules that folk seem to forget. Apply this to the posts that get pulled !
Fairly obvious eh. If you don't like it - you know where the door is.:cheers:

Guidelines to using CycleChat

CycleChat is a growing online community for cyclists. It is aimed at a general audience so to help us keep CycleChat a friendly place please follow these simple site usage guidelines:
  • Respect - Please be respectful and considerate to other CycleChat members.
  • Inappropriate conduct - Don't insult, bully, undermine, stalk, flame, troll, bait or otherwise harass other members of CycleChat. If a disagreement makes you angry, take a break and come back later when you are more composed.
  • Inappropriate content - Do not post anything that is obscene, vulgar, contains sexual imagery or text, is racist (including slang), hateful, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate for a cycling forum. Common sense should guide you in this.
  • Swearing - Don't overly use swear words (including using *'s or other shortcuts to indicate swear words) - it is unnecessary and undesirable.

Here Here. Im for once in agreement with you.

col

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1660985, member: 45"]It wasn't flaming col. You made a comment about vulnerable people who couldn't manage their bins, and I said that there were arrangements in place to deal with this. You started talking about 'examples', and I was trying to establish whether you really had any examples or had just come up with a scenario which you thought might happen. We weren't able to get to the bottom of that because the thread was closed. I'd have been happy to continue that discussion, but doing that in a thread created to circumvent a thread closure isn't the right way imo.[/quote]

I thought I had made it clear it was a possible example. Its the seemingly grossly unfair reason the thread was closed which caused all the anger amongst others, which was very reasonable to expect, given the suspect reason it was closed, and then myself locked out totally with another because they dared question it too. It seems you are well known for flaming or baiting, it does also seem you try to annoy or insult in a roundabout way, to get a reaction when your not hearing what you want to hear, but hey ho eh?^_^
Aaaanyway, back to the topic you want to carry on discussing.
Are you willing to accept that someone with memory problems, who may not have been for help about it as they dont feel they have a problem, could possibly forget to place their bin properly. Then the binmen deciding to not take it , as its a few feet further away from where they want it to be, so incuring the red tape and worry that entails? Especially when our council for one, are now sending fines to people who have their rubbish out on a wrong day.

col

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1663555, member: 45"]My post wasn't baiting or flaming. I was seeking clarity. If someone is exaggerating or making stuff up then I'm always keen to clarify what's actually being said, otherwise a response is inaccurate.

I see what they mean about you using word play to try and get a reaction.^_^ But I think I made it clear it was an example or possibility. And in no way exaggerating on something.

It's possible. And as I said there are measures in place to solve the problem. It usually should just take a carer or concerned person contacting the local authority. Sometimes it's a bit more involved, but the support is there. I know, because I used to deal with these very issues in my job.

Not everyone who forgets things easily is on the radar. But it doesnt stop the worry or shock if they recieve a fine through the door, if they did have rubbish out on the wrong day. Not until there has been communication to the relavent people will help be forthcoming. And this wont happen until a person who forgets is recognised as such. How many shocks do they need before they are recognised as needing help?

I've not heard of anyone with issues making it difficult for them to manage their bins being fined for not doing it properly. It's your scenario being taken a step further to talk about fining that interested me, which is why I asked whether you had any examples.

There were incidents here sometime ago that had fines sent to houses as they had their rubbish out the day before it should have been. the fines were quashed, but not until there was comunication between enraged people and the council. Ad this is the possible type of scenario Im asking about, but when some simply forget or didnt realise it was left by the binmen.

But hey, that's explained now and this thread isn't the one for carrying on the discussion. Start another one if you like, but I don't think there's much more to be said. I'll not be carrying on this discussion in here as it's not the right place.[/quote]

Your first two words "its possible" answer my theoretical question, thanks:thumbsup:
I would have started this somewhere else, but seeing as you posted your answer to me here, I didnt realise you meant for me to answer it somewhere else. But seeing as you agree with me anyway, I suppose your right, no need for further discussion, cheers ^_^

Zoiders

Just a reminder of the first few rules that folk seem to forget. Apply this to the posts that get pulled !
Fairly obvious eh. If you don't like it - you know where the door is.:cheers:

Guidelines to using CycleChat

CycleChat is a growing online community for cyclists. It is aimed at a general audience so to help us keep CycleChat a friendly place please follow these simple site usage guidelines:
  • Respect - Please be respectful and considerate to other CycleChat members.
  • Inappropriate conduct - Don't insult, bully, undermine, stalk, flame, troll, bait or otherwise harass other members of CycleChat. If a disagreement makes you angry, take a break and come back later when you are more composed.
These two, especialy the stalking and baiting bit.

Sorry to tell you this but it becomes fairly obvious to some of us that mods follow certain members as they are looking for excuses to ban people, they don't really care about the content of threads or the other individuals involved.

Some of us are not huge fans of the threatening, patronising and bullying tone used in the PM's from mods either.

It's not doing the forum any good as a clique are controling freedom of speech with constant threats of bannings, and despite claims to the contrary it is often political and personal in nature with some huge ego's being waved about by the mods.

col

Legendary Member
Single word posts which are sarcastic, and intended as an insult seem a fave from even some mods. isnt this trolling?

Shaun

Founder
If you're going to reduce the thread to speculative mod-bashing it's time to draw it to a close.

The best advice I can offer anyone with regard to avoiding moderator attention, is simply to use CC in a considerate and respectful manner.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom