Mod mis-use of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Again, a misunderstanding - it wasn't ttc who banned you, so perhaps a retraction of your prior comment towards her may be appropriate?

Cheers,
Shaun

So, we have one mod who pulls a thread for no (GENUINELY) good reason (in comparison to any number of threads made every day in CAD, Commuting etc.), and another who bans me for asking for an explanation as to why.

If I wrongly assumed that TTC was the mod behind my temporary banning, then I sincerely apologise to her.

Which now makes me ask the question - was my banning (albeit briefly, so far) justified and fair, or was THAT mod unable to see how my comments could be interpreted as 'unacceptable'?

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Looks like I'm back to watching Emmerdale and the Street now......and looking at my Audi Q7 4.2....oh forget it ! :smile:

Shaun

Founder
I objected to the way a certain mod acted by pulling a thread, and then ignored my polite (and I MEAN polite) pm to ask them (although it wasn't until later that I discovered it was her, when she posted that fact) to explain their actions.

Again, another misunderstanding - your PM wasn't a PM at all - it was a profile comment posted on the generic Moderators account, which wasn't discovered until later.

Shaun

Founder
So, we have one mod who pulls a thread for no (GENUINELY) good reason (in comparison to any number of threads made every day in CAD, Commuting etc.), and another who bans me for asking for an explanation as to why.

We also had a thread that was closed and a couple of forum members who were unhappy about this and so lambasted the moderation, took pot-shots at the moderators, and posted recalcitrant threads and profile comments and so were temporarily suspended for a few minutes to regain some order.

I think it'll be simpler to just ask in the support forum or PM me in the future if it isn't obvious why a thread has been closed. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's always the same people kicking off though - this is a cycling forum - TBH I'm surprised Admin hasn't pulled CA&D permanently as this is where all the bun fights start, and none of it is to do with cycling.

Reactions: gaz

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Looks like I'm back to watching Emmerdale and the Street now......and looking at my Audi Q7 4.2....oh forget it ! :smile:
Best thing to do with it .... :ohmy:^_^:cheers:

Overabundant smilies added to ensure mild tongue-in-cheekness is noted.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's always the same people kicking off though - this is a cycling forum - TBH I'm surprised Admin hasn't pulled CA&D permanently as this is where all the bun fights start, and none of it is to do with cycling.
Au contraire, P&L lite C&D has been peaceful of late almost to the point of banality.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
1661188 said:
The thread in question was not in CA&D though.

Couldn't care less where it was - it's the usual suspects kicking off, then complaining when a thread gets moderated. If you don't like it, then there are far more suitable forums for bun fights !

Reactions: gaz

brokenflipflop

Veteran
1661247 said:
It ceased to be amusing at the point where BFF offended PBancroft and passed up the opportunity to apologise, thus firmly showing himself to be the unpleasant troll he is.
Well, that's one way to look at it. The way I look at it is the guy obviously didn't like me (which is fine) and so he chose to use only some of what I had written which matched a few bits of his relatives life, who happens to have a disabled child, just to establish the moral high ground. Instead of banter it then instantly turned me into some kind of hater of disabled people and their families. I viewed it as a cheap shot and treated it as such. I think the guy got what he wanted, I don't see what I need to apologise about, so I apologise for that. :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom