Mod mis-use of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Fair enough Shaun, but I feel you may be getting an explanation that probably doesnt match our experience on things.

So, tell me what you think has happened and why?

Shaun

Founder
Just sent you a pm, Shaun, but if you follow the chronologigcal order of posts and relevant comments, you'll see that a mod, in 'our' opinions, acted beyond her jurisdiction.

No, you feel the action the moderator took was unfair. (Mods are free to take any and all actions they feel are appropriate to the thread/post/situation/member.)

So why didn't you simply ask me to look into it?

Shaun

Founder
I couldn't quote directly as the thread is locked (or something), but in her own words in col's 'ping mr paul' thread, TTC says - '
Sorry Col to burst your conspiracy theory - it was me that locked the thread.​

But didn't Col - wrongly - assume Mr. Paul had locked the thread?

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
No, you feel the action the moderator took was unfair. (Mods are free to take any and all actions they feel are appropriate to the thread/post/situation/member.)

So why didn't you simply ask me to look into it?

Because I was, IMO, unfairly banned and when I found out I could get back in, I firstly wanted to find out what the heck ttc was up to, in her role as mod. I wasn't the only one annoyed by her action.

col

Legendary Member
So, tell me what you think has happened and why?
Well when I have private messages warning me about a post I made, which was deleted on complaint by someone, it ended up being a back and forth thing with me playing it with humour, but the mod seemed to be losing his temper and saying give it up, if you read the posts you will understand what I mean. I then said my mind on what I thought on the subject. I had an official warning saying my posts would be deleted or changed if i wasnt careful. then mr paul starting asking questions in the binmen thread, but rather strange ones wanting proof, even though it was just an example, then the thread was locked, and others as we tried to figure out what was going on. then a mod said it was locked due to it being cyclic? and no good would come from it, or something similar. On top of this I had a thread locked by doc as soon as arch joined in the banter, no reason or warning on all these. I cant remember all the times, but it made me think some mods or friends of mods were working together to be awkward , and when asked about it come up with the trump card of, we acted as mods to reports recieved. well i dont believe it for one second, and i dont think im the only one. It seems if you dont agree or you say it how you see it, someone starts playing games, and friends help, then its all denied. Im the first to admit Ill say it how i see it, but ill only respond to same when its directed at me. And then it seems the op doesnt like it when you dont fold.Basically, I wont back down from a debate, and wont let someone get away with ignoring or sarcasm to avoid what they started. this seems to get the reaction that iv experienced from some mods.

col

Legendary Member
Yes I did, as it seemed coincidental that as he seemed to be trying to flame me , as I starting asking questions back it was locked mid post.

col

Legendary Member
Im sorry but I have to go, im up at five, ill look in tomorrow to answer any questions that might be here. Goodnight.

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through

I'm not aware of col's issues with Mr Paul. I objected to the way a certain mod acted by pulling a thread, and then ignored my polite (and I MEAN polite) pm to ask them (although it wasn't until later that I discovered it was her, when she posted that fact) to explain their actions,

I received no explanation, just a 'cooling down' ban, which had quite the opposite effect.

Shaun

Founder
Because I was, IMO, unfairly banned and when I found out I could get back in, I firstly wanted to find out what the heck ttc was up to, in her role as mod. I wasn't the only one annoyed by her action.

Again, a misunderstanding - it wasn't ttc who banned you, so perhaps a retraction of your prior comment towards her may be appropriate?

Cheers,
Shaun

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Some moderater removed my post for the use of the word 'Bummed'

OK for a moderator to use the word 'Twat' though >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bummed is in the English dictionary. Twat aint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom