Mod mis-use of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Should there be a poll on whether the Binmen thread be re-opened?

The thread closure has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Likewise, I feel its my fault for making light of mickles threats to me in pm. And speaking my mind, looks like its get back at me time , sorry lads.

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
The thread closure has left a bad taste in my mouth.

+1 (of many, I suspect).

That thread was harmless fun, with BFF taking the piss out of himself as much as the others. There was not the malice or venom found in many of the CAD threads.

If the mod responsible won't make a public comment explaining their decesion (apart from it going round in circles), then maybe we should ask for clarification from Shaun as to where the limit goes for a thread being pulled. And when a mod goes too far.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The going round in circles argument
+1 (of many, I suspect).

That thread was harmless fun, with BFF taking the piss out of himself as much as the others. There was not the malice or venom found in many of the CAD threads.

I hope to see BFF's thread as the winner of posting of the year.

CAD Thread? Enlighten me.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Must admit I was surprised. The thread is definitely less nasty than the Falklands one where they are still fighting a 30yo war and accusing each other of being war mongers or surrender monkeys and saying that people have blood on their hands.

Shaun

Founder
I'm not up to speed as I've had a few days away to spend time at home with my family, so can someone outline what the problem is so I can look into it please?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A perfectly decent thread, Do bine men deserve a pension' has been arbitrarily locked on the basis that it's cyclical. It was clearly a spoof thread there were some acerbic comments made within the thread but on the whole the thread has been a great source of entertainment, so much so that it has been nominated for thread of the year.

I'm not one to gripe but I do think that the locking is difficult to justify using the grounds that the thread was going in circles. Using that argument also justifies the two large thread that populate the Cafe - 'Tea?' and 'Post a lie... ' being locked.

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON BUT I OBJECT IN THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS TO BEING GIVEN A 'COOLING DOWN BAN' BY A MOD WITH A PROBLEM (somehow I'm allowed back in, in recognition of a mod over-reaction, possibly?), AND NOT EVEN SHOWING ANY DECENCY EXPECTED BY SOMEONE IN THAT POSITION, TO EXPLAIN AND JUSTIFY THEIR ACTIONS, AND NOT JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE A PARTICULAR THREAD OR POSTERS.

AND I'M TALKING ABOUT TT CYCLE WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

TIME FOR A RETHINK, SHAUN, I THINK, AS TO WHO IS FIT TO MODERATE.

col

Legendary Member
I feel the same, I have been banned before and no real reason given other than the usual inapropreate stuff. Im now un banned too. Im a bit paranoid as it seems to be getting back at me stuff, as i speak my mind. Iv had threads deleted and locked because coincidentally a friend of a mod reported things nowhere near as bad as most others. so yes Im a little caught up in the conspiracy thing, and no wonder after tonight mrpaul baiting me, to which i didnt bite to i might add. The way Iv been treat by some mods on here is rediculous, relative minor things could have been handled in different ways, but not the im in charge end of, way. very annoyed , and feel the same as Davyo .

Shaun

Founder
Well having read a considerable section of the latter part of the thread I can see why it has been closed - not because I personally feel it is cyclical, but because I find the tone and nature of some of the latter posts (and the assumptions made within them) unpleasant.

With regard to moderator actions - if anyone has an issue regarding the modding of CC just PM me or start a thread in the support forum and give me a chance to look into it. Kicking off, posting status comments, starting multiple threads, adding signatures intended to ruffle feathers, and shouting the odds isn't helpful and doesn't help to resolve anything.

If it is unclear to members which moderators have taken action or why, simply ask in the support forum or PM me. This will avoid any misunderstandings - which, in this case, appear to have happened - especially in relation to which moderators took action (the guesses were wrong).

Please also take into consideration that myself and the moderators cannot read every single thread or post and so whilst there may be "other" posts on CC that you feel are worse than those being reviewed/moderated, we may not be aware of them if we haven't received any reports about them.

Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON BUT I OBJECT IN THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS TO BEING GIVEN A 'COOLING DOWN BAN' BY A MOD WITH A PROBLEM (somehow I'm allowed back in, in recognition of a mod over-reaction, possibly?), AND NOT EVEN SHOWING ANY DECENCY EXPECTED BY SOMEONE IN THAT POSITION, TO EXPLAIN AND JUSTIFY THEIR ACTIONS, AND NOT JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE A PARTICULAR THREAD OR POSTERS.

AND I'M TALKING ABOUT TT CYCLE WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

TIME FOR A RETHINK, SHAUN, I THINK, AS TO WHO IS FIT TO MODERATE.
I feel the same, I have been banned before and no real reason given other than the usual inapropreate stuff. Im now un banned too. Im a bit paranoid as it seems to be getting back at me stuff, as i speak my mind. Iv had threads deleted and locked because coincidentally a friend of a mod reported things nowhere near as bad as most others. so yes Im a little caught up in the conspiracy thing, and no wonder after tonight mrpaul baiting me, to which i didnt bite to i might add. The way Iv been treat by some mods on here is rediculous, relative minor things could have been handled in different ways, but not the im in charge end of, way. very annoyed , and feel the same as Davyo .

You were both temporarily banned so you could cool-down as you were both making a great deal of the "modding issues" - based partly on your own misunderstandings.

I asked for your temporary bans to be reversed so we could disucss the modding in this thread. Hopefully in a more structured and less emotive way.

Cheers,
Shaun

col

Legendary Member
Fair enough Shaun, but I feel you may be getting an explanation that probably doesnt match our experience on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom