Mod or Rocker?

Well....?

• Mod

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Rocker

Votes: 62 58.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Not possible, the Vespa has an unyielding emotional pull for women. Nobody notices the Bonnie apart from other sad middle aged gits ............like me.

Hmmm....really...checks out Vespa prices on Ebay.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
While I'm not old enough to have been either 'back in the day', I've always had old british motorbikes (and a few very scary fast modern bikes too) I play guitar in a heavy rock band doing covers of Led Zep, Purple, Motorhead etc etc

I think, probably rocker for me
headbanger.gif

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Original mod from the sixties, first a Lambretta LI150, white body, black panels followed by a Vespa GS180, orange body, chrome bubbles and all the add ons.

Mods, all style, rockers just vile, smelly tw@ts who couldn't pull a Christmas cracker. :becool:^_^^_^

Mod!
Mods were into all the latest music, I was listening to The Who and The Small Faces, Motown and Ska from about 8 years old. Thanks to my older sister and cousins.
Rockers in those days were into Elvis, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis etc.
Natural progression led from The Who, Kinks etc onto Zeppelin, Deep Purple and then into Pub Rock, Punk etc. So yes a Mod.
Can still listen to Thrash and then follow up with a bit of Northern Soul or vice versa.
Real Mod's were/are about development and new things not sticking in the mud with dinosaur Rock n roll stars.
Never owned a scooter, never owned a motorbike!
Just the music, was a Skinhead for a while in the late sixties/early seventies, we all were either mods or skins, not racist like the Boneheads of the eighties.
Always,always,always, it's about the music!
Keep the Faith!

Linford

I have only owned motorbikes and been beaten up by skinheads so, rocker.

Talking of motorbikes, anyone have the bits to go with this?

$T2eC16h,!w0E9szN,8jjBRDpWU2Vrw~~60_12.JPG

If so, I might would be interested.

Beautiful :becool:

Linford

Mod. Better music, better clothes. And since I am not interested in motorbikes, I couldn't care less in that department.

I rode the Lambretta on the RHS of that pic about 6 months ago. It was quite nippy as it was in a high state of tune (nippy being a relative term), but the handling and brakes are shocking in comparison to a modern motorcycle. Quite scary, and very twitchy with the small wheels.
I just like the style of them and will eventually get one. You don't get one to go fast. Old skool scooterists are as hardcore as any bikers out there. You need to be because the scoots are such hard work to keep up together and ride for any distance

Linford

While you rockers may stare in awe at the above, us smarter folk stare in awe at the below, whilst stirring our cappuccinos and discussing politics and haircuts.

Gaggia-Deco-red-2-group-rental.jpg

Not in awe of the power or performance, just the styling of it. In the day of water jackets and aerodynamics, most of that sculpting with engines is lost to functionality.

Take a look at a Lambretta or Vespa engine without the shrouds, and they are all fined up.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The thing that makes me laugh is that lots of people think that they are rockers because they like Led Zep and Deep Purple. Yet these bands were born out of the Mod movement. Ok the clothes fashion had changed but the music is directly linked to the Mod bands of the 60's and black RnB music. Hell half of Led Zep I and II are blatent covers of blues tracks by people like Howling Wolf in fact Led Zeppelin were formed out of the Yardbirds who often had Eric slowhand Clapton on rhythm guitar.
yardbirds-with-clapton-corbis-640-80.jpg

To me a rocker is someone into Gene Vincent and the like.

Top Bottom