Mod or Rocker?

Well....?

• Mod

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Rocker

Votes: 62 58.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
off my Rocker.

FTFY

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
The thing that makes me laugh is that lots of people think that they are rockers because they like Led Zep and Deep Purple. Yet these bands were born out of the Mod movement. Ok the clothes fashion had changed but the music is directly linked to the Mod bands of the 60's and black RnB music. Hell half of Led Zep I and II are blatent covers of blues tracks by people like Howling Wolf in fact Led Zeppelin were formed out of the Yardbirds who often had Eric slowhand Clapton on rhythm guitar.
yardbirds-with-clapton-corbis-640-80.jpg

To me a rocker is someone into Gene Vincent and the like.

Clapton played lead as well, at other times they had Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page in their line up.

Zep were, at one point considering calling themselves "The new Yardbirds"

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mods: vapid, ephemeral, style-centred, image-conscious, lightweight- no substance and completely superficial me-first peacock culture and attitude.
Biased? You bet.

Archie_tect

The thing that makes me laugh is that lots of people think that they are rockers because they like Led Zep and Deep Purple. Yet these bands were born out of the Mod movement. Ok the clothes fashion had changed but the music is directly linked to the Mod bands of the 60's and black RnB music. Hell half of Led Zep I and II are blatent covers of blues tracks by people like Howling Wolf in fact Led Zeppelin were formed out of the Yardbirds who often had Eric slowhand Clapton on rhythm guitar.
yardbirds-with-clapton-corbis-640-80.jpg

To me a rocker is someone into Gene Vincent and the like.

Music fashion victims: look at Status Quo for how ephemeral their attitude was towards selling an image! Sad isn't it?

Archie_tect

Image over substance... but at least they don't have an attitude like so many 'artistes' do, like Weller, Morrisey and the like.

Top Bottom