Modding a B75

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
K

Kemp

Regular
It's been a long time and this is how my bike looks today. The final thing I want to do is change the wheels to black. Looking at these, but it's an SRF3 not BSR hub. Not sure if this is an issue.
DS203660.jpg

DS203671.jpg

Last edited:

berlinonaut

Veteran
The hub is basically the same - Brompton used the SRF-3 from 2005 until about 2010 and then rebranded it to BSR (Brompton Standard Range), probably to have a more stringent naming along with the 6 speed BWR (Brompton Wide Range) hub they introduced in 2009 as follow up to the SRAM based 6-speed (and until 2005 as the three speed as well). I am not aware if there have been technical changes to the internals als well but do not think so. Anyway a switch from SRF-3 to BSR has no issues or implications.

yoho oy

It's been a long time and this is how my bike looks today. The final thing I want to do is change the wheels to black. Looking at these, but it's an SRF3 not BSR hub. Not sure if this is an issue.
Nice work, bike looks phenomenal!:wub::wub::wub: But financially was it worth it? Did the price reach M3L price or whatever they name these days 3 speed one? That was what stopped me to get B75. I wanted to get M3L, perhaps even with a rack, but the price of M6L was just a little bit more... M6R was not available... Plus part shortage...

As for black wheels... https://brilliantbikes.co.uk/brompt...ble-wall-angle-drilled-wheel-rim-28-hole.html They sell just rims. Obviously it is more work, more headache to figure out what fits what, but in case modding part brings joy...

Top Bottom