Moderators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
because we don't want you to know who we are (oh bugger…)

barq

It was occasionally looking slightly ridiculous that there were so many mods all posting in the same threads. ;) Anyway there is so little moderating to do in this place that 99% of the time we are just regular users anyway.

Chuffy said:
Would it be possible to have a Sticky with the current mods on it? There isn't a problem but it would be nice to know. Clear and open is always good.

Good point. I've just suggested that redders has a less than perfect knowledge of economics, and I don't want to find out the hard way (instant banning ;) that he's a mod. ;):blush:

Pete

I'm Spartacus The Moderator.

Seriously, though, it once happened that I had to 'flag' (or, to be more precise, PM a Mod) about something posted on ACF by one of the regulars (nothing serious, just a minor complaint). It only later dawned on me that the anonymous Mod whom I PM'd might well be the same as the person about whom I was complaining! I prefer named Mods myself, especially when their main task is to deal with newbie trolls and spambots.

Of course, in certain other places, when modding has to get really heavy and draconian just so as to keep up with 'policy', then things get a bit more complicated... ;)

Pete said:
I'm Spartacus The Moderator.

Seriously, though, it once happened that I had to 'flag' (or, to be more precise, PM a Mod) about something posted on ACF by one of the regulars (nothing serious, just a minor complaint). It only later dawned on me that the anonymous Mod whom I PM'd might well be the same as the person about whom I was complaining! I

And you wonder why you've been banned from ACF? ;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nah, Pete wasn't banned as far as I know, just treated badly and left. Can't say I blame him, the moderation over there is pretty heavy and very egotistical, all IMO. There are lots of nice people on there, but the admin side has a pretty cliquey and draconian atmosphere to me.

I'd also prefer mods to be open and visible by all. It allows for much more accountability and honesty.

p.s. you can "discover" mods and admins by trying to add users to your ignore list. Mods and admins can't be added.

BentMikey said:
Nah, Pete wasn't banned as far as I know, just treated badly and left. Can't say I blame him, the moderation over there is pretty heavy and very egotistical, all IMO. There are lots of nice people on there, but the admin side has a pretty cliquey and draconian atmosphere to me.

I'd also prefer mods to be open and visible by all. It allows for much more accountability and honesty.

p.s. you can "discover" mods and admins by trying to add users to your ignore list. Mods and admins can't be added.

So, it's a bit like the test for aliens in John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing?" ;)

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Patrick Stevens said:
So, it's a bit like the test for aliens in John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing?" ;)

I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but.....when you can find the time.....I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter.......................................
TIED TO THIS F*CKING COUCH!!;):becool:

Foghat said:
I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but.....when you can find the time.....I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter.......................................
TIED TO THIS F*CKING COUCH!!;):becool:

Hang on, we've still got to test your blood against rothbook and Paul Smith.

asterix

Comrade Member

..but what if you end up with a situation where you ignore everyone except the people you actually want to?

By the sound of ACF, that's what would happen if you tried that over there there;)

Top Bottom