Modern Baths !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a big modern roll-top bath in my new house. I am 6' 1" tall and I can't touch the far end with my feet when sitting up with my back against the other end. I can lie down and completely submerge myself in it! :smile:

The thing is, I also have a big walk-in shower so I don't really take that many baths these days.

The bath and shower are located in a 12' x 9' room - luxury! (Well, luxury by my standards that is ...)

All I need now is somebody to help use all that wasted space ... :whistle:

Globalti

Legendary Member
The bath and shower are located in a 12' x 9' room - luxury! (Well, luxury by my standards that is ...)

Sounds like you live in a house that has a bedroom converted into a bathroom. I had that when I lived in the Brick Houses next to the mill in Summerseat; the bathroom was the back first floor bedroom and it was huge, with plenty of room for a bath and a shower and a troupe of dancers.

Now we have a P shaped bath with a curved shower screen. I allowed Mrs Gti to choose it because I didn't want to be blamed when we found out it was a bad decision. I installed it and must have used it about 6 times in 11 years as a bath. It's turned out to have been a bad decision as it takes so long to fill and it drains the cylinder and you can't use the round bit anyway. So it's her fault, happily. Now she wants to refit the bathroom but I'm not going to do it; she can ask a plumber.

OP
OP
hondated

hondated

Guru
Thanks for your contributions to the thread everyone I enjoyed reading all of them and learning of your experiences as well.
I never knew about the "shrink to fit " baths ( tongue in cheek) and the corner bath seems a good alternative but like many of you I far prefer a shower.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sounds like you live in a house that has a bedroom converted into a bathroom. I had that when I lived in the Brick Houses next to the mill in Summerseat; the bathroom was the back first floor bedroom and it was huge, with plenty of room for a bath and a shower and a troupe of dancers.
I'm sure that the bathroom would have been a bedroom when the house was built. It is about 120 years old so it probably would not have had a bathroom, and would have had a toilet out in the back yard. The room has a bricked-up fireplace.

I wouldn't really object to one (compatible) dancer joining me in there but I don't think that I could cope with a whole troupe of them ... :laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
It definitely would not have had a bathroom or an indoor toilet. We have my elderly MIL staying with us at the moment while she receives treatment. Suffice to say that elderly folk are not in the habit of bathing regularly or showering daily like we do with our cleanliness obsession......

When I worked in France in the 1980s Unilever published some figures on soap and toothpaste usage; from memory the French were using about 10% of the soap that Germans and British were using and only 30% of French people had a toothbrush. There was an old toothbrush in a drawer in my office that people used to borrow if they had to go to the dentist, I once saw it and nearly heaved.

Top Bottom