‘Don’t get me going on modern-day music. It’s a one-way toilet’

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Agree, I'm still in the 60s 70s 80s after that it went down the pan 🚽

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Is there a two way toilet?
this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25848800

1698150228083.png

Reactions: C R

Alex321

Veteran
Is there a two way toilet?

I hope not.

Venod

Eh up
There is nothing like a good live band playing proper instruments, but there is room for a modern approach with digital and computer generated music if it is pleasing on the ear to the listener.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I like to watch young 'uns reaction to ancient music on YT like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc. They seem to love it, can't get enough of it.
Especially interesting are the tracks:

Under Pressure, Queen: some can't seem to believe that bass line isn't Vanilla Ice....entertaining they hear the original.

Every Breath You Take : as above, they think Sting ripped off Puff Daddy but no...t'other way around.

I see Paloma Faith has brought out a terrible 'lets rewrite other people's song lyrics but use the same tune' (as Puff Daddy) with Sting's Fields of Gold, turning it from a nice ballad into some dull nightclub dance number, replete with those dance music cliché's where the drum beat builds to the inevitable crescendo before crashing into that 1/2 techno beat. Sting might have been involved this time, naughty old Mr Daddy just nicked his song.

Drago

Legendary Member
I like to watch young 'uns reaction to ancient music on YT like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc. They seem to love it, can't get enough of it.
Especially interesting are the tracks:

Under Pressure, Queen: some can't seem to believe that bass line isn't Vanilla Ice....entertaining they hear the original.

Every Breath You Take : as above, they think Sting ripped off Puff Daddy but no...t'other way around.

I see Paloma Faith has brought out a terrible 'lets rewrite other people's song lyrics but use the same tune' (as Puff Daddy) with Sting's Fields of Gold, turning it from a nice ballad into some dull nightclub dance number, replete with those dance music cliché's where the drum beat builds to the inevitable crescendo before crashing into that 1/2 techno beat. Sting might have been involved this time, naughty old Mr Daddy just nicked his song.

Was walking the dog the other day when I passed a group of teenage lads loudly playing Ram Jam's Black Betty. It was like I'd fallen through a time warp.

Top Bottom