Monday is going to be a bit of a learning curve!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't forget to put pics up, its the law

vickster

Legendary Member
Monday, if you hadn’t guessed the day, I get to pick up my new bike. First time using drop bars and clipless pedals. My 20 mile ride home is gonna be fun, or a nightmare .

Shiny new trek checkpoint. Whoo hoo
Check you’re happy clipping in and out before you leave the shop. They should be putting it on a turbo for you to set it up reasonably anyhow which will give you a chance to practice clipping in and out

Enjoy the new bike

OP
OP
Dbt

Dbt

Check you’re happy clipping in and out before you leave the shop. They should be putting it on a turbo for you to set it up reasonably anyhow which will give you a chance to practice clipping in and out

Enjoy the new bike
Yeah, they are doing a full fit up for me, also not sure I’ll be using the clips until I get used to the drop bars. I’ll se how I feel on the day.

OP
OP
Dbt

Dbt

New bike :smile:. Maybe put off going clipless until you get more used to the bike and can find somewhere safe to practice?
Yeah, that’s what I’ll probably do.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah, they are doing a full fit up for me, also not sure I’ll be using the clips until I get used to the drop bars. I’ll se how I feel on the day.
To be honest, drop bars aren’t that different, again get used to using the brakes, make sure they use shims if you’re having to stretch. There’s also no shame in secondary brake levers on the handle bars (not possible with hydraulic shifters)
(What bike is it?)

Top Bottom