Monday is going to be a bit of a learning curve!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dbt

Dbt

Unfortunately a scrape will happen at some point :sad:
Probably, but I’d like to put that off for as long as possible. As a lot of my regular journey is over horrible loose large stones, I intend to try covering the bottom frame with an old inner tube if I can.

vickster

Legendary Member
Probably, but I’d like to put that off for as long as possible. As a lot of my regular journey is over horrible loose large stones, I intend to try covering the bottom frame with an old inner tube if I can.
Helicopter tape will be more attractive

OP
OP
Dbt

Dbt

Helicopter tape will be more attractive
Good point. I’ll do something, as I’ll only use it for that particular journey I don’t think I care what it looks like as long as the precious paintwork is protected. I’ll take it off for weekend rides.

vickster

Legendary Member
Good point. I’ll do something, as I’ll only use it for that particular journey I don’t think I care what it looks like as long as the precious paintwork is protected. I’ll take it off for weekend rides.
Ah well you won’t want to be replacing the tape every week

Reactions: Dbt

Venod

Eh up
Looks like my kind of bike, I like the rear versatile dropouts, enjoy your ride, clipping in and out will seem odd at first but doesn't take long before it becomes second nature.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Best place for learning clipless is is on a nice soft field of grass.
The sides of my shifters are a horrible mess from offs. They really let the bike down.
Some people take to clipless like a duck to water....Some of us aren't so lucky.
Enjoy the new rig!

OP
OP
Dbt

Dbt

Yes, that first chip or scrape, thats always the orrible one, but after a couple more you don't care.
Yeah, I’m going to have to stop myself from wrapping the bike in cotton wool and putting it in a cupboard so I don’t hurt it! It’s gonna get scrapped, I’ll just have to suck it up and accept it.

OP
OP
Dbt

Dbt

Best place for learning clipless is is on a nice soft field of grass.
The sides of my shifters are a horrible mess from offs. They really let the bike down.
Some people take to clipless like a duck to water....Some of us aren't so lucky.
Enjoy the new rig!
That sounds like a damn good plan.

OP
OP
Dbt

Dbt

Well my shiny new wheels didn’t arrive on Monday ‘cos the bliddy van driver phoned in sick!

I picked it up tonight on my way home from work, and have just had the scariest ride home ever. It’s like learning how to ride again! It’s soooo light compared to the Halfords Apollo ive been used to. Haven’t dared use the clipless side of the pedals.

Top Bottom