Monday madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
A pinch point, a cushion and a shitty driver = danger. Where there is room for a car and a cyclist, you can forget about your priority...

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

i dont think im aggressive enough to take the center, i know some of you say you would lol.

kinda off topic, was interestd to see magnatom's interview on tv in which he says he is more careful about what he post's online now. what was up before then?

Jake said:
i dont think im aggressive enough to take the center, i know some of you say you would lol.

kinda off topic, was interestd to see magnatom's interview on tv in which he says he is more careful about what he post's online now. what was up before then?

For the interview I was having to be careful, because at the time there was some uncertainty as to the legality of showing peoples faces in the videos I was taking. Since then I have had information from the Information Commissioner for Scotland, confirming that what I am doing does not contravene any of the information acts.

I also try not to chase after or get drivers to pull over like I used to. Nothing crazy, but it didn't really help.

I will have to get my Pavement Cyclist video back up online at some point though. It was a classic. I removed it because time had passed and I didn't want the chap (idiot that he was) to be punished for ever. When I get a chance....;)

domtyler

Über Member
Jake said:

Let's just say that Magnatom was in danger of getting locked up at one point due to the death threats he was issuing to a group of bus drivers.

domtyler said:
Let's just say that Magnatom was in danger of getting locked up at one point due to the death threats he was issuing to a group of bus drivers.

LOL! I think you got that just a little bit mixed up Dom! ;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nice one Jake. I think the video I was concerned about was the oncoming driver through the pinch point. The rest are more a case of *rolleyes* and chill out, IMO.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

lol at death threats to bus drivers. it's the scottish accent i love.

ah i see, i guess you/we are filming with out their consent, but you dont have to sign a release form for cctv so.... I guess chasing after people may push it a bit far, plis im always in a hurry to get to work, always late due to editing videos lol. so what did you say to the cyclist on the pavement?

domtyler

Über Member
Jake said:
so what did you say to the cyclist on the pavement?

I think it was something like "Aaahhll feckin chib ye ye wee baskit so I will, feckin cycle on my pavement will ya?"

Origamist

Legendary Member
Jake said:

Taking the centre there would involve playing chicken with the approaching driver. You could do this and then deviate left to avoid the cushion or alternatively you could have tried to hold the centre ground and hoped he braked before the pinch point (you might then have been able to avoid the cushion at the last minute). Alternatively, you could have demurred and waited before the pinch point. None of your choices were particularly appealing as you were dealing with an inconsiderate driver.

Jake said:
so what did you say to the cyclist on the pavement?

It's my famous, 'Pavement's for five year olds mate'. It wasn't so much my comment that was worth watching/listening to, it was his reaction.;)

I'll see if I can get it back up, blurred a little.....

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

BentMikey said:
Nice one Jake. I think the video I was concerned about was the oncoming driver through the pinch point. The rest are more a case of *rolleyes* and chill out, IMO.

the dog was still pretty dangerous.

looking fwd to hearing the scottish charm and seeing this guys expression. I guess its a job for a black bar across his eyes crimewatch style?

Jake said:
the dog was still pretty dangerous.

looking fwd to hearing the scottish charm and seeing this guys expression. I guess its a job for a black bar across his eyes crimewatch style?

I just need to get a hold of an mpeg to wvm converter so that I can edit it in windows movie maker. Anyone know of any decent free software to do this. There seems to be plenty about, but I'm a bit wary of installing dodgy software!

BentMikey said:
That sounds odd to me, Magnatom. You simply need the right codecs installed, and you'll be able to take in mpeg and output wmv.

Aye, I'm sure it is a codec problem, but I've got an unusual version of windows at work (XP 64 bit) and I had problems getting the codecs working in the first place. I'd rather not mess with them. I think it would be far easier to convert the file.

Top Bottom