Money, money, money...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Correct.

Mr McIntyre has fallen into the common trap of confusing legal currency (it is) with legal tender (it’s not).

It's so predictable, happens on any thread about Scottish money in England. Even this thread which is about English money in Scotland.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I once spent a Scottish £5 note at a Chinese takeaway in Wales... Much confusion occurred!!

Nothing to do with the topic, I know, but.. Hey ho 😂

I used to have fun and games in Wales as well with Scottish notes.:rolleyes:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@tyred I have not used cash since corona virus lol
Having worked in retail, I also suggest you don't try to spend your notes: even though in theory the deadline is September, in practice all retailers will have stopped accepting them from now.
Change the notes at a bank.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Looks like it's off to the bank then. If I can find one that hasn't closed!

I'd do that when you are in Scotland though or else you'll get Euros and then have to change them into Sterling

That is assuming you only have a few, trying to exchange a big wad of them could be problematic. :whistle:

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Pay them into your bank but be prepared to be given the third degree about money laundering so leave the BMW with blacked out windows at home.
I went in branch on a Saturday morning to pay a bit of cash in.
No cashier's just an attendee loitering around answering questions.
I said can I pay cash in ?
I was taken to a machine where I stuffed in quite a few thousand quids in £50 notes.. the attendee looked shocked and asked me how I had come by the quantity of cash.
I replied I sold my children. 🤣
By the time she had formed a reply I had a recipt and was on my way out..... Never Heard anything else about it.😁

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I went in branch on a Saturday morning to pay a bit of cash in.
No cashier's just an attendee loitering around answering questions.
I said can I pay cash in ?
I was taken to a machine where I stuffed in quite a few thousand quids in £50 notes.. the attendee looked shocked and asked me how I had come by the quantity of cash.
I replied I sold my children. 🤣
By the time she had formed a reply I had a recipt and was on my way out..... Never Heard anything else about it.😁
There are supposed to be the same sort of money laundering controls down here but if you walked into any bank here with stacks of cash the bank manager would take it without a murmur.

Top Bottom