Mongoose Legion L100 vs Mongoose Title Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greenakina

I’ve been racing for a long time even pro. I got the opportunity to grab one of the new Mongoose Title Elite xxl and I could not be happier. Rode the stock bike out of the box a few times and had no issues besides tightening the bars little more (my fault).

Then after a full race set up this bike is in the 19lb rang, I could not be happier! Been on her most of the season and no issues! You can pay a lot more for the same quality but why! So stoked Mongoose is back in the racing game game!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
First off let me say I'm not a BMX expert but I have had a few bikes for my kids.
The ones you linked are obviously budget items but probably none the worse for that. Budget bikes tend to skimp on things like no rustless spokes plus other things which I'll come on to. Aluminium frame on the first so should be quite light but the Legion has a steel frame which will be noticeably heavier, weight is not quoted for the Legion. One thing they don't have is a brake cable detangler on the headset which will be a disadvantage when doing freestyle. Here's a pic;

gryo-flop923.jpg
So you won't be able to spin the bars. Don't know if this is important to you. The Legion has the more powerful scissors type brake while the other has a V brake which is still effective.
The Legion will have much lower gear than the Title judging by its small front chain wheel. I don't know the importance of that or what is the best option so you'll have to check that out.

Last edited:

Nibor

Bewildered
First off let me say I'm not a BMX expert but I have had a few bikes for my kids.
The ones you linked are obviously budget items but probably none the worse for that. Budget bikes tend to skimp on things like no rustless spokes plus other things which I'll come on to. Aluminium frame on the first so should be quite light but the Legion has a steel frame which will be noticeably heavier, weight is not quoted for the Legion. One thing they don't have is a brake cable detangler on the headset which will be a disadvantage when doing freestyle. Here's a pic;

View attachment 474838
So you won't be able to spin the bars. Don't know if this is important to you. The Legion has the more powerful scissors type brake while the other has a V brake which is still effective.
The Legion will have much lower gear than the Title judging by its small front chain wheel. I don't know the importance of that or what is the best option so you'll have to check that out.
Both have virtually identical gearing with the first having 44x16 and the second having a compact set up of 25 x 9 both giving virtually identical gear ratios.

OP
OP
M

Madoser

View attachment 474838

Isn’t the legion chromoly with better components and the title is aluminum?

Top Bottom