Moon Meteor 200 Lumens Light - How to get flashing mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Hi there, I have a Moon Meteor 200 Lumens Light and I cannot for the life of me get it to do flashing mode
I can get Overdrive, High Beam and Standard, but with the single button operation that is all I can get.

I don't have the manual to hand.

Perhaps it has stopped working in Flashing Mode.

product_286.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Had one for a while and if I remember correctly it was fiddly. Seemed to have to do with how long you hold the button down to switch on. Can't remember if a slightly longer press made it flash or if it was a shorter press :wacko:

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

OK, It is just not playing ball anymore - no flashing mode. Still works fine in Over, High and Standard

WelshJon

You have 3 options on constant beam,
1.Full
2. Half
3. Dipped

To turn off you hold the button

To turn into flashing mode, hold the button till it turns off, and keep holding it. It should now start flashing and you then have 3 simular modes of brightness ( in flashing mode ) changeable in the same way as constant mode

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

You have 3 options on constant beam,
1.Full
2. Half
3. Dipped

To turn off you hold the button

To turn into flashing mode, hold the button till it turns off, and keep holding it. It should now start flashing and you then have 3 simular modes of brightness ( in flashing mode ) changeable in the same way as constant mode

You absolute star - YES!!!!!!! back in flashing mode. I tried so many combinations, but not that one.

THANK YOU

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

My beloved Moon Meteor is dead, not charging and won't charge anymore. RIP

Battery cannot be replaced (Does not mean I won't try)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sadly, lights don't last forever. There seems to be a correlation between how much you like it and how long it lasts. If you love it, it will just get out of guarantee and then pack in. If it adequately does the job but is a fiddly pain in the bum to use and really annoying, it will last forever and a day.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

Warranty was for one year, item is two years old next Month. Cost nearly £40 at the time. What to do.

Ajax Bay

Guru
@Rooster1 your light/the battery within it may be defective in some way but otherwise the charging regime to which you have subjected may not have been optimal. Suggest that with the new battery (or a new light) you check advice on battery charging protocols, adopt one, follow it with consistency, or at least take good practice into account and recognise when you err therefrom, for perfectly good 'real life' reasons.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Short press (from 'off') for steady light, long press for flashing.

I love my little Moon lights (200 and 250). They are brilliant in both senses. The only fault I can find is that the low charge warning is way out. The charge light is supposed to go flashing red when the light is below 20%. In fact, the light turns flashing red after about 10 minutes' riding, and stays red until I get home 40 minutes later, and on for another half an hour or so until it goes out. If your commute is only a bit shorter than the light's maximum burn time, then you really do need a warning you can rely on. But otherwise they light up the dark lanes pretty well for something the size of a matchbox.

(Edit: oops, just realised I responded to a query from a year ago. Duh.)

Top Bottom