Moped Mopon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Mopon =;):biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

I like that - I felt very clever for a bit - i'm sure someone will come along and tell me they've already come up with it though...

potsy

Rambler
Not heard it before,but you will have some saying it's offensive to moped riders and will be forced to stop using it on pain of death:smile:

gavintc

Guru
I was commuting at the end of last week. A group of roadies caught me and I tagged on the back. We then subsequently caught a moped. It was quite surreal to have a group of about 8 road bikes strung out on the back of a moped, derny style. We were moving quite well at around 25-27 mph. The chap on the moped was completely unaware. We kept it up for about 2-3 km before he turned off.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
gavintc said:
I was commuting at the end of last week. A group of roadies caught me and I tagged on the back. We then subsequently caught a moped. It was quite surreal to have a group of about 8 road bikes strung out on the back of a moped, derny style. We were moving quite well at around 25-27 mph. The chap on the moped was completely unaware. We kept it up for about 2-3 km before he turned off.

:sad: That sounds fun!

[OT: How's life treating you Gavin? We've got lots of sunshine & T-shirt/shorts weather in CC Ecosse land ;)]

T

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Trumpettom001 said:
Did he think he was doing me a favour by letting me draft him? - for a learner, he's quite accomplished at engine braking. Had I been on the road bike I'd have tried to scalp him, but he'd probably just overtake again...

Pah .

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoYfHTtQEPs

I like the way that (a) he doesn't do a left-hand lifesave when he moves back infront of you, (:biggrin: his road positioning is very ropey on his approach to the junction - again no lifesave when turning left - although at least he indicates at the last minute and (c) he positions himself to the left of the roundabout at which he's turning right!!

Moped riders round my way are a complete pain in the arse! When I have correctly filtered to the front of a queue of traffic on my motorbike on the dual carriageway near me, they will come up the cycle lane in a group of about 6 and sit in the designated cycle area in front of the traffic stop line - directly in front of my bike and all the cars - so we all have to set off at a crawling speed while their little 50cc engines creep towards 30mph as they occupy the entire width (both lanes) of the road. :wacko:

Top Bottom