More Garmin Woes ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Garmin connect isnt uplaoding activiries. I see a blank upload screen in connect. Garmin express doesnt load up at all. Garmin forums are full of peeps with similar problems. Garmin support is hopeless as they send war and peace to fix it, even though I dodn nothing wrong and it was working until three days back. They say to open garmin express but it wont open.

Am I theonly one who thinks garmin need to wake the F up and produce softwars that is actually user frendly???For an outfit size of garmin this is rubbish.

Bloody hopeless.

I'm not overly impressed with Garmin either.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am one of the lucky ones who never seem to have a problem with Garmin, Connect or their products.
It's quite simple really. If your not happy then use another brand.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My Garmins have generally worked OK, but I completely agree with you, @BigonaBianchi , about their customer support: it's pathetic. I replaced my old Edge 705 with an Edge 800, only to find several issues with the latter:
  • elevation gain totals are less accurate than with the 705;
  • the maximum odometer reading is about 43,000km, whereas the Edge 705 went way over that with no problems;
  • the grade data field doesn't update as quickly as with the 705, i.e. responds slowly to changes in grade.
They seem to be like Apple: once you've bought the product, the only way you can get it 'fixed' is to buy a newer product of theirs, because they can't be bothered spending any time fixing bugs. My next bike computer will quite possibly be a Bryton: at least, I think it's worth trying them out.

Unfortunately it's not uncommon to have software issues and it may well not be Garmin's fault. Other software may conflict with it or even a windows update may stop it working. Stuff often stops working on my computer and needs fixing.

Often an un-install and re-install will fix it as it will replace files which have been corrupted by something else.This is what I did when it stopped working on mine and I think in that instance it was a browser update that screwed it. It also pays to schedule a disk scan and defrag on your computer as this too will sort out corrupt and badly indexed files.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Unfortunately it's not uncommon to have software issues and it may well not be Garmin's fault. Other software may conflict with it or even a windows update may stop it working. Stuff often stops working on my computer and needs fixing.

Often an un-install and re-install will fix it as it will replace files which have been corrupted by something else.This is what I did when it stopped working on mine and I think in that instance it was a browser update that screwed it. It also pays to schedule a disk scan and defrag on your computer as this too will sort out corrupt and badly indexed files.
Yup try this boab. ...can't say I've ever had a problem with my garmin stuff tbh

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Apparently these have had some good reviews and only seven quid at Tesco, plus you get club card points.

image.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
My 800 occasionally fails to remind me (loudly enough) to start it again after pausing.

Which is how I lost the record of climbing what felt like a sodding wall on one of my rides in Champagne.

young Ed

Veteran
never ever had a prob with mine, only prob was when i didn't understand that i needed garmin express and that it auto uploads!

My 800 occasionally fails to remind me (loudly enough) to start it again after pausing.

Which is how I lost the record of climbing what felt like a sodding wall on one of my rides in Champagne.
as above, auto pause. i have stopped for a good length break and just leave the garmin sitting on the bars left on and it doesn't do anything as it is auto paused and then restarts again when i'm off, no need to manually pause it ever (in fact i'm not sure i know how to!)
Cheers Ed

bpsmith

Veteran
Exactly, auto pause does exactly what it says on the tin. No oversight there.

Never had any issues with Garmin Connect, aside from 1 server side outage, which happens. My 510 developed a fault, and was replaced immediately with no hassle.

Don't understand the comment above, about Garmin and Apple taking your money and not fixing faults. Have had loads of Apple gear, as have used Macs for years, and any faults have been resolved quickly whether software or hardware based. No hassle from Garmin or Apple. Strange that.

Top Bottom