More losing it, Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dr Smut

A friend of mine ended up in the Hallamshire Hospital this morning with a badly cut face following a road rage attack. He was punched in the face after he overtook a 4 X 4 who objected to him being in the buslane. It was hopefully caught on cctv but if anyone saw it get in touch with me as he wants to prosecute the driver. The driver appears to have pursued him on to a pavement, then driven at him from behind (after hitting him), after chasing and catching him up a side street.

He said this, "it was proper road rage display - never really witnessed it before and I thought at one point he was going to drive me under a bus, which I bruised my elbow against trying to get away"

He has reported it to the police and given a statement.

Sounds horrible :smile: I hope he recovers soon and the catch the banker :smile: and give them a decent punishment.

Tynan

Veteran
sad to hear

tell your mate that bloke will get his sooner rather than later with that attitude, there's still enough blokes around that will deal with that sort of peanut asking for it

hackbike 6

One reason why i dont trust motorists a lot.i had the same basics as this with a car being driven at me a few months ago coming up from blackfriars to mansion house.i was only complaing at the awful road positoning due to said moron using a mobile phone.the human race makes me despair sometimes.

OP
OP
D

Dr Smut

I should perhaps add this was morning commute time, Wednesday 11th June, c.745am, probably Ecclesall rd. or west city centre but I havent got the exact info.

It was just him in a bus lane as far as I know.

He was quite sanguine about it saying altho its clearly a bike related thing, he thought the guy was a thug and if it wasnt him it would have been someone else either on the road or off it.

Maz

Guru
Driver sounds like a complete nutter. Let's hope your mate got some witnesses/CCTV.

Ecclesall Rd has got a bus lane with a bike lane next to it, on the stretch where it joins up at the RAB with Hanover Way, I think. Is it a bus lane only during fixed hours?

Tynan said:
there's still enough blokes around that will deal with that sort of peanut asking for it

I'm trying to be a better person.

Top Bottom