More men than women.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Globalti said:

I've always seen it as a bit of a 'girl power' (though I hate the phrase) song. Just thought it appropriate - plus, one of the last lines is "Just a wheel in the spokes".

I'll go back to my cell now.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'll tell you what you never see women doing; fishing. I think it's an entirely male pastime.

tordis

PaulB said:
I'll tell you what you never see women doing; fishing. I think it's an entirely male pastime.
I disagree, my sister loves fishing - she used to get up at 4am to go fishing with my dad and brother ;)
As for cycling clubs, many of them are full of highly competitive and intimidating guys, but I do see plenty of women on my daily commute (and the number has increased quite significantly throughout the year) and there's more and more female riders on our weekend group rides.
The sweat? I'm one of the lucky people who have showers at work, but I'd commute by bike even if I didn't, and use baby wipes to freshen up. The messy hair? I wear mine short anyway, so it's a non-issue for me. And the lycra... well, there's nothing wrong with (well-fitted) lycra shorts, is there? Perhaps they're not suitable to wear to afternoon tea at the Ritz, but when you're on your bike, they're a perfectly normal thing, aren't they? :smile:

gavintc

Guru
PaulB said:

I think they worked out some time ago, that the fish counter at Tesco was better value and more assured of putting something on the dinner table.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
In the same way that (for example) most men are stronger than most women, yet some women are stronger than some men (i.e. it's relative), and most women have bigger boobs than most men, yet some men have bigger moobs than some women's boobs, then more men like cycling, yet some women do too, and more women like knitting, yet some men do too.
Probably. I could be talking a load of old poo, also. :biggrin:

Top Bottom