More men than women.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

threebikesmcginty said:
First time? :biggrin:

No. I used to go sea fishing regularly in the late 70s. Had all my own kit to do it too. Baited own hooks, gutted own catch... I enjoyed it immensely apart from the very early alarm calls to get out of bed! Used to go fishing in the North Sea out of Eyemouth and Amble.

potsy

Rambler
PaulB said:
I'll tell you what you never see women doing; fishing. I think it's an entirely male pastime.
My sister went fishing the other day with her fella,she took a book and read all day:biggrin:
Back to OP,I see very few ladies cycling but have seen 1 lycra clad a few weeks ago going thru Northenden/Sharston and saw 1 today in Gatley,maybe now the suns come out it might attract a few more.:biggrin:

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Well I never - out with a dude pal tonight and covered 14 miles. When we left the village we saw a lady on a road bike. Looked like a serious cyclist, her bike made a certain 'clickety' sound. It sounded professional if that makes sense?

Then, when we were coming back into the village we saw her again!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think that although there are more men than women cycling that you get a biased view. Women are more likely to be responsible for children and possibly working part time. At the school drop off there are more females than males (just), and then throughout the day in between the peak commuting times is another time when the proportion of females seems to rise.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I always see women of a certain age, with bikes with baskets on the front, walking their bike along the road. Not just up hill but along flat roads pavements. I've never seen them riding the bike, just pushing it. Surely a shopping trolley would have been cheaper and carried more than the basket.
I sometimes follow ladies, not overtake, just follow, for the view:tongue:.
No I don't just think about it;).
Don't let Mrs GP see this:wacko:.

Plax

Guru
I hate fishing. I went a couple of times with my Uncle and male cousins when I was a youngster. I'm a classic squeemish girl and don't like to personally catch and kill things myself, I find it too distressing. I read my book instead.

Top Bottom