More trek tech coming to life!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Here

I will be quite interested in this! i have no fear of needles (hell i watched them anaesthatise my toe and remove my entire nail!!) but know people who are terrified to the point where they refuse any and all injections!!! i can also see the benefits in reduced medical sharps waste etc so win/win really

now to get a full on hypo-spray and don the blues!!!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
:smile:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Wouldn't it be easier to have an auto gear shifter that changed up or down the moment your cadence fell outside 75-90 [or any pre-set range you like]... it would only need a simple sensor and a small hydraulic powered by a dynamo.

Hell I watched them anaesthetise my toe and remove my entire nail!!
Argh, that's brought back some unpleasant memories.

I've been through that myself with both big toes, and they were infected as well so the anaesthetic apparently doesn't work as well when there's infection :cry:

TBH the anaesthetic injections were far and away the worst part, I could have screamed, (if I wasn't so feckin' 'ard :whistle:), the actual mail removal wasn't a problem, but the aftermath xx(

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've been through that myself with both big toes,
Ditto...I think my profile describes me as missing one toenail.

They used a tool akin to a corckscrew to clamp the nail and then yank it out. It had two arms that folded down to produce smooth leverage.

I'm so glad wine is moving towards screw caps these days, I would get flashbacks every time I opened a bottle of Merlot!

*edit* nope the profile doesn't...I'm sure it used to...erm

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Star Trek 1966-69:
Spock always putting coloured chips into the computer and giving it voice commands.

Real life 2012: USB sticks, CF/SD cards for cameras & phones etc (my Contour HD cam takes a 16Gb micro-SD card!). Also now on market are voice command TV sets.

And who thinks Apple invented the tablet PC ? - wrong!:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PADD#PADD
Just watch any episode of Star Trek:The Next Generation. The late Mr Jobs was probably a fan^_^

Incidenatlly, Gerry Anderson's old SF show UFO predicted car phones and gull-wing cars long before Mr DeLorean:
http://epguides.com/comics/shado/straker.shtml

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
if i had the cash my PC would just me a massive science station console positioned on the wall!! lol. with seethrough "isolinear" chips (seethrough usb sticks with funky colours!) and all touchscreen!!!!

now wheres the lottery tickets!!!

Top Bottom