Morning from South Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rochenko

Hi everyone - thought it time to delurk at last.

I've been commuting by bike in Cardiff to work at the University for five years or so (ride is a Barrosa Panama, i.e. Dawes cheapie range, bought after my old Kona Hahanna got nicked) and do the (very) occasional bit of trail biking. Would much rather use two wheels whenever I can (because it's more fun!), and generally I find Cardiff pretty good in that regard (because it's flat, in the main).

Have benefited greatly from reading CC over the last year or so, particularly from the accumulated wisdom of the regulars. Looking forward to contributing what little I possess!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to the forums from another south Wales cyclist in Barry.

Some good cycc leways arouind the city now. I sometimes use the new foot/cycle bridge by Penarth Tescos (Pont y Werin ) also the link from Penarth Road near Tredz across to near Asddas is now Tarmaced also use the Taff Trail as a traffic free route up into the Rhondsa valley.

Tried coming out of Cardiff via western avenue and Cowbridge road during rush hour once .Never again :biggrin:

OP
OP
R

Rochenko

Hi there!

Yeah, good cycling via Penarth over Pont-y-Werin now, as well as the Taff Trail, which is a real treasure. Often do the Bay loop on a Friday lunchtime to get some miles in.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hello from Swansea, Rochenko! There are occasional South Wales CC Rides. They're becoming a bit too occasional (are you there, Lardyboy? :whistle:), but hopefully we'll get a bit more organised in 2011...

lukesdad

Hi Rochenko, from a West Walian and part time Swansea comuter. We seem to have temporarily ( I hope) lost larders and a few of the other welsh members. Must get the rides going again in the New Year. Fancy organizing one TC ? You seem to get a better turnout than me and Banjo :rolleyes:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hi Rochenko, from a West Walian and part time Swansea comuter. We seem to have temporarily ( I hope) lost larders and a few of the other welsh members. Must get the rides going again in the New Year. Fancy organizing one TC ? You seem to get a better turnout than me and Banjo :rolleyes:

Sure thing. I fancied the last two but couldn't make it.

Top Bottom