Morning Miss Jones, 22 minute late...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
...mad woman stuck up tree at Gringley Hill....
I kid you not!
I seem to be running into a spate of closed roads recently, M4, M25, Cumnor road, Oxford southern bypass and several others. Bloody fed-up with it, whenever we're out we're always crawling somewhere or being diverted. This morning I thought I'd cycle the 12 miles to my work this week from Bawtry to Gainsborough, as I rode-up Gringley Hill I saw ominous blue lights and yes, the road was closed due to some poor soul who had escaped from a local care home and climbed into a tree by the dual-carriageway.
So I stood in the cold on the hill chatting to the copper for 20 mins while they coaxed her down and secured her in an ambulance.
Wonder what's happening tomorrow morning?

D

Deleted member 26715

I kid you not!
I seem to be running into a spate of closed roads recently, M4, M25, Cumnor road, Oxford southern bypass and several others. Bloody fed-up with it, whenever we're out we're always crawling somewhere or being diverted. This morning I thought I'd cycle the 12 miles to my work this week from Bawtry to Gainsborough, as I rode-up Gringley Hill I saw ominous blue lights and yes, the road was closed due to some poor soul who had escaped from a local care home and climbed into a tree by the dual-carriageway.
So I stood in the cold on the hill chatting to the copper for 20 mins while they coaxed her down and secured her in an ambulance.
Should have dropped down into Clayworth & South Wheatley or braved the footpath via Clayworth Woodhouse

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Should have dropped down into Clayworth & South Wheatley or braved the footpath via Clayworth Woodhouse
I shall have to look them out! There doesn't seem a pleasant simple route from B to G. The main road is not as bad as expected and there are some suitable paths alongside.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I kid you not!

Don't spend any length of time in a hospital !! :ohmy:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Very sad.

An aunt of mine who suffered from dementia took to wandering around the district naked.

It was in south Devon and on one occasion coastal rescue had to be called out to retrieve her because she'd managed to wander up a cliff which would have been a challenge for an experienced hiker.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We had a local care home which is now closed. One resident had to be rescued from cliffs by the lifeboat crew and coastguard. A couple of lifeboat crew had to swim ashore to get him down to sea level to get a small dinghy in.
On a lighter note two elderly gents, one in a wheelchair, made escape bids regularly and were usually found in a pub at the bottom of the hill safe in the knowledge that since they could not get back up the hill themselves somebody would take them back up by car.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Ah, good Morning CC, 11 mins late today, unexpectedly strong headwinds.....
Last night I rode back to Bawtry in 1 hour, this morning 1hr 10 to get in. More headwind and the climbing of Mt. Gringley is a bit harder workbound....
No Police related incidents to report.

Top Bottom